Thread: urgent help!..with novi 1000

Junior SCH Member

urgent help!..with novi 1000

Well today I decided to go and dyno my car...and what a big suprise
    Once I learned that I only made 283hp and 295tq.....i was very dissapointed since similar combos on 2004 gt run 370ish...i would really appreciated if somebody could tell me why or what
    could b wrong with my car...the guy told me that the air fuel looks good and that it was
    showing 8lbs of boost..but if i needed to check they can diagnose the car and put new spark plugs
    etc..and they can tune it

my mods are....2004 gt
    ligntning 90mm mass,
    anderson power pipe
    novi 1000rr 8 psi
    c&l plenum and pipes
    75mm throttle body
    42lbs injectors,kenne bell boost a pump
    180t-stat
    pypes x-pipe with high flow cats
    spintech cat back,and mufflers.
    ford racing 4.10gears
    Diablosport delta revolution chip

also the dyno was a dynojet, run conditions at 46 degrees and 61%
    humidity
    thank you so much for any help!1
    Last edited by ninja06; 01-30-2009 at 07:06 PM.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Timing, Octane
    What was your total timing at WOT.
    Auto or Stick.
    If your a Auto and have a correct timing curve I would say 280-290 whp,
    stick car 310-320 whp.
    Using a Dynojet if they calculated the weight correctly for the pull.

Junior SCH Member
    im 5 speed manual...they didnt tune the car the car had a tune with diablo since i got it....its strange since with the 4.6 and my mods cars are pulling 340whp till 375whp depending on tune...my car dynoed like a gt with bolt ons!..and with a weaker tq

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Really means nothing unless you have a dyno chart on the same dyno without the supercharger. Anyone can make any car look better or worse than it should.

Junior SCH Member
    yeah..im gonna go to a different shop and see what they come up to...i had ls1s with bolt ons and my mustang feels wayy stronger...so lets see what a second dyno would say

Junior SCH Member
    Did you have the chip burned after you installed the Novi?
    92 GT w/373,T-5, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF,MM LCA's/FRP UCA, BBK 1 5/8 headers, MAC H-pipe, FMS aluminum D/S, 3G, MSD6AL, BTM, Thumper ported GT40s, Cobra intake w/TMoss ported lower, Crane 2031, Crane 1.7 rockers, 42lb injectors, CF DF, Novi 1K, 8" lower, UPR PP, AIS
    432/407 RWHP/RWTQ @11lbs SCT tuned

Junior SCH Member
    thats a really good question..but i bought the car like that from the dealership..is there a way to switch tunes with the cmr chip?...wonder if that chip has 2 tunes on it

Junior SCH Member
    Never heard of the cmr chip. I would have it retuned with the same chip or the SCT. You need to know what your engine is doing. Take a look at your computer to see if you have a wire running from it that could be a switch for different tunes.
    92 GT w/373,T-5, 70mm TB, 75mm MAF,MM LCA's/FRP UCA, BBK 1 5/8 headers, MAC H-pipe, FMS aluminum D/S, 3G, MSD6AL, BTM, Thumper ported GT40s, Cobra intake w/TMoss ported lower, Crane 2031, Crane 1.7 rockers, 42lb injectors, CF DF, Novi 1K, 8" lower, UPR PP, AIS

Junior SCH Member
    yeah thats the diablosport chip master revolution..i check for wires and stuff but couldnt find any..weird thing is that my car is running really strong if i dynoed 280whp i dont know how i took a 300awhp wrx really easy and kept up with 03 cobras?? soo i wonder if the dyno shop has something to do with the low numbers

Junior SCH Member
    Dynojet numbers a usually higher than a mustang dyno.
    My numbers are from mustang dyno.
    I wouldn't worry much about the numbers....it' the tune you need to worry about. Have it retuned and ask for the numbers showing the total timing and fuel curves.