Thread: Warranty Question...

Warranty Question...

Actually, I have two questions pertaining warranty...

1. Does the Warranty carry over to a new owner (if you buy a kit used)?

2. How do you find out if and/or how much time is left on the warranty?
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net

Senior SCH Member
    If the blower is still under the 1 year, or 3 year extended warranty, and someone sells you the blower, then yes it will still be under warranty.
    You can always give ATI a call with the serial number and ask how long you have left. Most of the time whoever sold you the kit will never come in contact with ATI, and they will have no idea who even originally owned the blower.

Dan
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Okay, so the warranty does transfer from owner to owner... that is really good to hear. As far as how much if any time mine has left, I will just have to call them and ask I suppose. I wish that there was some sort of way to tell when the blower was manufactured by the serial number to at least give you a ballpark.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    Actually it reads in the owners manuals that I have here at the shop ........... "this warranty coverage is extended only to the original consumer purchaser, and excludes hoses, sleeves and electronic support components manufacturered by other companies."

That was found at the end of the second paragraph in "The Procharger and Procharger Installation System Limited Warranty" at the back of the owners manual.

I scanned back through my stack of owners manuals that were copyrighted as far back as 98 and they all had this printed in them.

Chris

Yea, yea, you are right. That really sucks. It seems that a lot of warranties are like that, and it makes no sense to me at all either... who cares if the kit has been sold, it's still the same kit from the same company.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    They're probably trying to keep customers buying brand new blowers, i.e. using the warranty as an incentive. If everyone just kept buying used blowers, then they wouldn't make as much $$$ :)

I agree. That and also, since they are not doing the install... they do not want to warranty something that someone else has possibly altered and taylored to their car/setup. They want to warranty what they sold to you directly out of the box. I guess it really makes no difference either way though.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by Injected65
    Actually it reads in the owners manuals that I have here at the shop ........... "this warranty coverage is extended only to the original consumer purchaser, and excludes hoses, sleeves and electronic support components manufacturered by other companies."

That was found at the end of the second paragraph in "The Procharger and Procharger Installation System Limited Warranty" at the back of the owners manual.

I scanned back through my stack of owners manuals that were copyrighted as far back as 98 and they all had this printed in them.

Chris
    Funny thing about this is, that if the person who owned the blower previously never called ATI for tech, they will have no idea who purchased the blower to begin with. I purchased mine from Laroccas, and ATI had no information on me when I called them the first time regarding tech.
    Also, a friend of mine bought a used p1sc kit with a 3 year warranty. There was still a year and 8 months left when he purchased the kit, as the guy who he bought it from got rear ended, and hit from the side. The insurance company totalled the car, however the blower, intercooler, and all tubing was still fine. So, he bought the car from the insurance company, and yanked the blower and sold it. My friend's warranty was still honored after he put the blower on his car, and had a seal leak 6 months later. ATI never asked any questions besides, his serial number, and shipping information.
    I would say its possible they may still honor the warranty for you Don.
    DAN
    1995 Rio Red Cobra #2021
    Dart 331,AFR185,D1SC,RPMII upper/lower
    OLD
    GT40X, E303, D1SC 13psi, 3 core intercooler, Magnaflow Catback, Hooker equal lengths, Mac Prochamber, 3.73, Auburn, Moser 31 splines, Pro-m75, MSD 6AL, TKO, Spec Stage III, Larocca Tuned
    10psi 11:1 a/f= 464rwhp 431ft/lbs

11.9@123mph @13psi 1.9 60'
    hp? tq?
    Moderator of General Tech

Junior SCH Member
    Dan has a good point. ATI does seem to be pretty fair when it comes down to the warranty. I have also seen some second owners and out of warranty cases go through. Just don't get pissed if they decide to be sticklers and say no.

Good Luck,

Chris

Well, as far as I know right now, I don't need anything warrantied. I just called them and they told me that the warranty does not transfer from the origional owner to a new owner. She did take down my information though to update their records. The blower was purchassed in 2001 with a one year warranty, so she said that it was up anyway, so it doesn't matter. That's fine... just didn't know, that's all.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

Junior SCH Member
    I talk to ATI 2 weeks ago when I bought a 12PSI pulley for my P-1SC. I asked them if going from 10 to 12 would void my Extended Warranty for years 2 and 3. They told me that I never had an extended warranty because I bought a 10PSI KIT. That only gets 1year. The 8PSI Kit gets 1yr with the 2 extended..I asked them when my 1Year was up and they said end of April. So just ask them. So I still got Yr one even at 12PSI..

So becarefull if you have an 8PSI pulley and order a 10 or 12 from ATI, I think that will void your extended. Try to find a pulley on ebay 1st.