Thread: Anyone out there still run a D2?

Junior SCH Member

Anyone out there still run a D2?

It seems the larger D series Prochargers didn't sell very well and then the F series made them obsolete. Just wonder if anyone out there still runs one.

Junior SCH Member
    I still have my D2. After all these years it's still an awesome powerful blower.

Junior SCH Member
    I have been pondering one of these for a while now. I know where one is just sitting on a shelf.

SCH Member
    They're great blowers, just not the newest technology anymore.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by KS91Z28 View Post
    They're great blowers, just not the newest technology anymore.
    x2 I can't recall seeing one in the shop. But, I know of a few customers who run them and still think they are great.

Kim
    www.smreperformance.com

SCH Moderator
    Still have mine and runs great. KevinL has to be the king of D-2's though. He has run some incredible times with his setup.
    D-2R ProCharged R302 331
    1.393 60 ft.
    5.868 @ 123.119 (1/8)
    9.072 @ 156.953 (1/4)
    3400 lbs (with me)

"ProCharger...not just blowing hot air"

Photos: http://www.cafords.com/images/john91coupe/hi-res/
    Videos: http://www.cafords.com/mpg/john91coupe/

Junior SCH Member

d2

Wish I had a d2, mine is a p1sc. Bought it new and its worth every penny and then some. The torque is off the chart and Im only running 5 lbs of boost for now. Have to drive it very carfully and not on wet roads at all.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    Wish I had a d2, mine is a p1sc. Bought it new and its worth every penny and then some. The torque is off the chart and Im only running 5 lbs of boost for now. Have to drive it very carfully and not on wet roads at all.

Great power/fun from a p as well.

Junior SCH Member
    Looks like folks with Cogged D2r's are forced to relocate the alternator as well as run electric water pumps. Is it possible to use a std belt driven water pump with a BBC D2r?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Walt View Post
    Looks like folks with Cogged D2r's are forced to relocate the alternator as well as run electric water pumps. Is it possible to use a std belt driven water pump with a BBC D2r?

I had to refer to ProCharger tech to get this answer to this one.They said that as long as you are using a short water pump, you should be able to run it off of the V-belt groove on the back of the crank pulley. I hope that helps.

Kim
    SMRE
    www.smreperformance.com

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMRE View Post
    I had to refer to ProCharger tech to get this answer to this one.They said that as long as you are using a short water pump, you should be able to run it off of the V-belt groove on the back of the crank pulley. I hope that helps.

Kim
    SMRE
    www.smreperformance.com

Yes, thank you. I prefer a belt driven pump for my street car. Just trying to get the ducks in a row so to speak.

Junior SCH Member
    I picked up the D2 I am looking for a head unit 12 Rib Serpentine pulley that will keep boost in the 9psi range. I currently have a 4.25 on it but expect that to produce near 20PSI on my street strip 454. What pulley's interchange? IE will D1 or F series pulleys fit? This is a non hub setup (1 through bolt) Also what is the tq on the single bolt. 35ft/lbs?
    Thanks