Thread: Holley power valves

Junior SCH Member

Holley power valves

Some one please explain how a power valve works when under boost. I cant seem to find anyone that can really break it down for me. I have been wrenching for at least 30 years and have done just about every carburetor out there big and small down to the tiniest made. I have a very large assortment of holley PV ,S and jets. Power valves open at a specified inchs of vacumm, but what happens on a blow thru setup when boost is applied, will it cause a lean out condition?

SCH Member
    In a carb specifically built for a blow-through application it will add fuel as the boost goes up. So, no does not cause a lean out condition. Now there are guys who have issues like that trying to use stock carbs for blow-through and things like that. I hope that helps, if not let me know and will try to explain another way.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SMRE View Post
    In a carb specifically built for a blow-through application it will add fuel as the boost goes up. So, no does not cause a lean out condition. Now there are guys who have issues like that trying to use stock carbs for blow-through and things like that. I hope that helps, if not let me know and will try to explain another way.

what about mighty demon 750 anull blow thru ist that ok withe the power valvs ?
    having some problems with that carb

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tvacuda View Post
    what about mighty demon 750 anull blow thru ist that ok withe the power valvs ?
    having some problems with that carb

Truthfully, I have very limited experience with Demon carbs. But, I will ask around the shop and see if one of the guys in the back can lend some specific info.