Thread: Anyone using the HKS Race Bypass valve? Or know how bypass valves work?

Anyone using the HKS Race Bypass valve? Or know how bypass valves work?

Here the deal, I have a HKS race bypass valve it has two ports. What hooks up where.

Under my understanding I hooked up the top port to the manifold behind the throttle body, and the bottom port to the output side of the supercharger.

Right?

Ok on these bypass valves there are different springs you can buy for different PSI.....why? From my understanding the top port will have pressure and help hold the valve closed until there is vacuum applied to the top port because the throttle body closed. If thats the case, the spring pressure should not matter??? The Vortech mondo, and race, don't have any 2n d bottom port just a vent there and they also don't offer any different spring pressures, so how do they do it?

Here is the comment from the HKS website.

HKS Racing Bypass valves are push type valves that utilize calibrated spring pressure and vacuum line pressure to remain closed against the pressurized air in the charge pipe. As the throttle is closed, creating vacuum in the line, combined with the force of the pressurized air in the charge pipe, the bypass valve pushes opens and allows the pressurized air to escape. The HKS Racing Bypass Valves are adequate for the airflow associated with engines producing upwards of 300hp. HKS Racing Bypass Valves incorporate an additional pressurized port to aid under severe boost conditions. The HKS Racing Bypass Valve can also be used as a safety "pop-off" valve if the second port is connected to a pressure source that does not see vacuum. For added flexibility and function, HKS Racing Bypass Valves are offered in various adjustable boost pressure ranges that are determine by a specific spring pressure.

What the hell that mean?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth:

TTT
    Mike

89 Notchback:
    A4 349 Eagle rotating assembly, AFR205's SMR, Victor 5.0, Tremec TKO, 6Pt cage, Novi 2000, AEM Meth injection, AEM stand alone, PPG Harlequin paint, Green to Purple, HKS Race Bypass, Turbo coupe Rear swap, 73MM front calipers.:teeth: