Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New member, MD, SN series, 92Z28

Thread: New member, MD, SN series, 92Z28

Junior SCH Member

New member, MD, SN series, 92Z28

Northeastern MD, in the corner.

I've owned some of the popular turbocharged GM products including a GN and another lesser known model with a 3200 production run. I drag raced this Camaro for a few years (friday nite stuff), turned it into a roadracer and now it runs a full second slower in the 1/4 mile ;P I owned a SN-89 in the 90's on another IROC, and decided to pop one on the 3600lb Z28 to make it just that much more unmanageable off corners. This car isn't in a RR class.. it's got one of everything installed on it, making it an outlaw class car that I use at club-events a couple times a year. The Vipers have me by a few seconds per lap at Limerock but I try. I mostly spend time preparing it nowadays. It's been into the tire wall at Watkins Glen after the long straight (hard way to learn to stay off the white paint after a rain) and It's done 140 on Pochono and Memphis motor speedway. My goal is to have the SN-2000 be set up to take the punishment a roadcourse session delivers, and start using straightaway-speed and off-corner accelleration to offset slowness in the turns that plagues this plowing hulk of a design. Oh, The car has none of the original driveline and is a convertible too. The SN-2000 may only give me 5psi because of my increased displacment but that's fine with me. Definetly an interesting car on a roadcourse.

There is the basic info. I've got a lot of years on me so theres more.. I hope to contribute here.
    Last edited by Delmer; 06-16-2009 at 11:08 PM. Reason: picture

SCH Member
    Welcome! Very cool, as you don't hear a whole lot about similiar setups for roadcourse racing.

Kim
    www.smreperformance.com

Welcome to the site Delmer! Great to have you here.

Very interesting (and impressive) history road racing with an SN. Thanks for sharing it with us.