Thread: Power steering

Junior SCH Member

Power steering

Hi

I´m new in this supercharge world and i´m running in to a problem, i have installed a d-1 on my 69 camaro sbc but after that there is no space for the power steering pump, what have you guys done?? another "small" problem is that the pulleys at the crankshaft pulleys is 3 piece 1 v-belt 2 prochagerbelt 3 v-belt. the 3 v-belt is to the waterpump+alternator, 1 v-belt i think is for the p-steering but it is here where my problem is the distance is to short from the engine to the middle of the v-belt is only 3,15-3,35 inch and no P-pump is that small either there is no space for the oem p-pump.

Is there any of you guys out there tha can/will tell me how you have done that or what i´m doing wrong.

Thanks
    Morten Larsen
    Odense/Denmark

SCH Member
    Hello Morten,
    Ok, from what I am understanding, you will probably benefit from a power steering relocation kit. I believe you contacted CJ here about this, as well. He said he was trying to locate a picture to send you that will show you exactly what he was talking about. We will keep trying to find one that shows you what you need.

Thanks,
    Kim
    SMRE

SCH Member
    Morten,
    CJ said he just e-mailed you a picture. He thinks this will help explain what will help you out as a picture is often worth a 1000 words. If it does not help you out, let us know and we will keep trying.:)

Junior SCH Member
    Hi

Yes i have write to CJ regards my "little" problem, and after i have seen that pics i think that i miss something, thats must bee the big bracket in the passengerside and all the small pulleys+ v-belt ect. I will try to get a picture later and then contact CJ again.
    All i have is the Procharger+bracket, belt, carburator, fuelpump, hat and ignitionbox. Is there more i need to install it??

Junior SCH Member
    In our TVR club in the UK we often substitute the original mechanical belt drive power steering pump with an electric pump. This can then be located antwhere in the engine bay well away from the engine. A citroen saxo uses an ideal eletic pump that can usually be adatpted...The same steering rack and pipes are kept it is just the pump that is replaced...give it a thought as it might provide you with an ideal solution.