Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
is this normal?

Thread: is this normal?

Senior SCH Member

is this normal?

hey I took off air inlet of the housing to change filters and when i looked into the opening I noticed where the impeller( i think) had made grooves in the metal,at first i thought maybe bearings or something from the tension from the belt being too tight,but i also thought it could be heat expansion??at times the blower will get so hot you can not touch it..i have checked oil line , have not had a problem with my cooling system either,could my bypass valve have anything to do with inlet temps ?? And my warranty just expired...(now time for a pulley change) ( maybe) i do not here any different noise coming from the paxton, so what gives?
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    That looks no different then the units that have 100k miles on them. Not sure if it is a problem or not.

SCH Member
    Well, I can tell you from a "ProCharger" point of view that's pretty normal looking as they hand fit the impellers on each one. I get guys calling up here once in a while that think that something happened, when in reality it always looked like that and maybe they didn't always look at it the same way. But, it's hard to tell from a picture sometimes and maybe it is hitting when it's running. I can send you pics of similar grooves on brand new ProCharger's for comparison if that would help.

Senior SCH Member
    hey thanks for the replies...makes me feel a little better..but i also would like to see some pics of those procharger units to compare

SCH Member
    Ok, I will try to get some pics posted up, so you can see what I mean. Another thing that leads me to believe your impellers are not rubbing the housing is that they are not chewed up looking. Usually they would start sort of folding over. I have seen pictures of that, I will try to find one to show you for comparison. I would also think that if you had bearing failure, it would be sound obviously horrible. Ok here is a link to an example of what the impellers look like after rubbing the housing http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...%3D2%26hl%3Den.

SCH Member
    Here is a pic I just went and took of a brand new unit we just put on the dyno. Let us know if you have more questions.

SCH Member
    That was a little more extreme than I intended. But, I think you can see where I was referring to the "hand fit" groove.

Senior SCH Member
    yeah looks about the same as mine...thanks for the replies..

is this normal

When you are installing a game or something from a disk, is it normal for the iMacs Superdrive to make noises?
    Also, what should the gfx card be set to? Direct 3D or OpenGL? I think BF2 and COD2 are OpenGl but Im not sure. Does this matter? Thanks