Thread: looking for belt size

Junior SCH Member

looking for belt size

Hi all

I am looking for belt size or number for my 96 cobra with p600 supercharger with 9 psi bully
    Also looking for installation manual
    I did tried the size 2850 but it slip and did not get 9 psi from the charger, it also did not look very tight
    I did searched but could not find the size

I will very glad If any one help me with this problem

SCH Member
    Hello Mr. Denner,

I am probably going to need a little more info to help you with the belt size. It would be helpful to know the Crank and Blower pulley size. It sounds like you need smaller than that 2850 you are mentioning. Sometimes, the hard part is one size smaller could be DRAMATICALLY smaller. You want serp. belts to be as tight as a guitar string.

On the installation manual I can get one for you from ProCharger, I don't have any in stock.

Let me know how I can help.

I can be reached on here, by phone (231-773-8150) or email ( kim@smreperformance.com )

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks man
    The crank pulley is the standard size,charger pulley normally makes 9-10 psi
    I did tried today 2830 and it looks better, but still not feel sure about it
    If you need more info, I can send them to your email.
    my friend told me to day that I have to change the belt tensor, but it looks normal to me?

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks man
    The crank pulley is the standard size,charger pulley normally makes 9-10 psi
    I did tried today 2830 and it looks better, but still not feel sure about it
    If you need more info, I can send them to your email.
    my friend told me to day that I have to change the belt tensor, but it looks normal to me?

SCH Member
    No problem. How easy was that 2830 to put on? You should have to fight pretty good to get the right one on. In other words it should almost seem the belt isn't long enough and you are just barely able to put it on. The next size down from that 2830 is a 2824 and is about 1/2" shorter. I hope that helps.