Thread: Bearing change for more RPM

Junior SCH Member

Bearing change for more RPM

Guys found out the p1 and d1 both use ABEC 7 bearings, have a friend who put ABEC 9 bearings in and spins his blower way past max impeller speed (62,000) makes close to 800rwhp with a p1. Trying to find out as much info as possible, anyone know anthing about this?

SCH Member
    That's a new one to me. I know many guys are able to spin them faster than ProCharger recommends. Pretty interesting about those bearings. One thing to remember is that if you open one of those up, you void the warranty. I am curious if anyone else is doing that though.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    SMRE are Prochargers still using the billet impeller or have they went cheap on a cast unit. If it is cast I don't care if the bearings can go over 60k rpm I don't want that impeller shattering into my engine. lol

SCH Member
    The impellers are actually billet.

Junior SCH Member
    Procharger actually told me guys spin the blowers past max rpm, but of course they can't recommend it "wink, wink"

I have talked to someone who works on these blowers daily and he is one of my sources. The D1 and F1A are basically the same size, with better bearing setup in the F1A (hence the 74,000 rpm limit). Only the 2 output shaft bearings need to be changed since those are the ones that spin the fastest.

From my understanding working on the inside of these blowers is actually pretty easy (I will find out shortly)

Basically better bearings mean more RPM, which equals more pressure, as long as that can be cooled= more power.