Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
bypass valve question

Thread: bypass valve question

Junior SCH Member

bypass valve question

I have a 93 gt all the bolt-ons with new sn93 high-output impeller, 5-speed. want to ask about benifits of running bypass valve and which one is the best to use. It is a street car and i get the impression that driveability will improve. Is it necessary with sn boost level? Thank you. New to supercharging!

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Run a Bosch unit, and Yes the 5.0 ECU really idles and runs better with one even at low boost. When you close the throttle the air reverses and the meter gets mixed reading because air going forward and air reversing back into the meter confuses the readings.

Junior SCH Member
    hello speedystang, thank you again for responding to my questions. You have been a real help seriously. In my post 2 weeks ago you mentioned to me to get an anderson pms. I see the series 4 with 3- bar map sensor. Wondered what you thought of the quarterhorse? WWW.moates.net. I also am seeing guys on corral talking about running 2 nozzeles on there water/meth setups and shooting one in before the supercharger. What do you think about that? Also speedy I have tall valve covers on my 302 is there a pipe setup out there instead of the hose tube thats given in the kit that goes to the mass air meter? Thanks alot!

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    I am using the Moates burner 2 and it works fine but taking out the ecm and chip 20 times a day is frustrating:freaks:
    So tuning on the fly would be much easyer.
    I don't think water/alcohol injection is nessasary with a SN93 and only on high boost like 14 psi ^ it could benefit an extra nozle before the supercharger.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Thank you for the replies, want to say that dyno shop tells me air intake temps between 170-180F before snow kit. I purchased the stage2 kit with variable controller installed on car and told temps went down to 95-105F. Car went back on dyno and picked up 40rwhp. I was interested in how supercharger's are holding up when being sprayed into them. Don't plan on doing it. Two things to ask: It's clear to me with where i am at with my ride I will be purchasing a wideband A/F ratio gauge soon, what's the best out there? I have autometer gauges and wanted to know if there's is real good? Also is there any update's on that hydralic fluid (naval fluid) that speedy was working with running in the SN? Saw on old post maybe in 2013 if pantened released. Real cool talking with you guy's!!!

I am still under contract with the US Government, so till that ends I can't sell to the general public or another federal agency or country.
    The truth is when the contract is over I have a buyer.
    I would say all the wide-bands are equal now because they use the same sensor. Just make sure what you pick has a logging software that after your done you can download data to a computer.
    I would still get a PMS version 2 or 3. They can be had for under $400 and you can make changes as you drive.
    Tall valve covers makes a flex hose or a small 2" pipe your only method.
    A single spray nozzle is all thats is needed and just put the nozzle before the TB. If the car is tuned correctly you can run full timing on a 5.0 with 5psi with 91+ octane and not even need a Meth/Water kit.

Junior SCH Member
    Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions. Speedy I take it this fluid you have worked with is alot better then type F? You selling this to a buyer one day mean it could possibly be marketed for sale to public?

The fluid has a heat/boiling rating of 600 degrees and will not destroy rubber, plastic or cork gaskets. It absorbs heat and dissipates it so that no external cooler is needed. It will go to market and will be used in hydraulic applications. Transmissions, Brakes and Clutch units.

Senior SCH Member

FLUID

Any estimations on how much this fluid will cost and its availability? Also, how soon it will be available to us? It really does sound too good to be true :)

My bid for a new contract is in another year Oct 2010. I will sell the product to a major company at that time for them to market. No promise if it will go public or not.