Thread: Problems with the install

Junior SCH Member

Problems with the install

I'm attempting to run my intercooler lines and am having one hell of a good time getting stuff lined up properly on the passenger side of the car, in the diagram they want you to mount the maf in the fenderwell, does there happen to be a better way? I've spent a good portion of the last two weekends and am having an awful time getting this install done. Is there a guide online on how to better do the install over the "manual" that procharger provides? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

3core kit on a 96 Cobra is what I'm working on.

Junior SCH Member
    Whether there is a better place for the MAF, I will know tomorrow when we try to get mine to stay ideling. On ur tubes, they should fit. It is a very tight fit. Keep in mind that on the passenger side, for the 90 degree hose (cut on both ends) that connects to the intercooler. the flange part of the shock absorber for the bumper will either have to be hammered backed or cut off. Otherwise the 90degree tube does not have enough clearance. I took an air hammer chisle for mine. Further the 90 degree that connects to the bottom portion of your MAF can also be cut backed about a inch. Dont be afraid to twist and bend.

Hope this helps and Good luck

Junior SCH Member
    Yea what he said.... In my case everything went smooth untill the output of the intercooler. You have to cut the 90's, push, pull, swist and whatever else you can to make them fit. There are no other instructions other thak what you got.

Good luck
    99 Laser red Mustang GT
    CDC Shaker inducted

Junior SCH Member
    Yeah I cut the 2 90 degree rubber hoses, I just can not get things lined up properly because of the flanges on the maf, I was going to try doing the top half and come down into the fenderwell then bend and twist from there. Also the air pump is in the way after the relocation. Did you mount the intercooler then run the plumbing or did you leave it a bit loose so you had some play in it?

Try putting the rubber tubing on either end of the intercooler (I beleive either both or just the passangers side had to be trimmed to fit - I can't totaly remember) then installing the intercooler. The rest of the tubing should go in without too much of a problem. The inner fenderwell had to come out on the passangers side to make it 200% easier to work with. Keep that in mind too.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net