Thread: Fuel System Help Regarding FMU?

Junior SCH Member

Fuel System Help Regarding FMU?

I just purchased a KB 2.1 L Blowzilla kit for my 1994 Mustang Cobra. The car has the following mods:

GT-40 alum Heads
    E-303 Cam
    Full Exhaust No-Cats
    73 mm MA
    65 mm TB
    255 lph Walbro in tank
    Stock Computer & 24lb injectors

After the install with the included FMU the car ran well but obviously really rich. Checked th KB paperwork and found the FMU was 12:1 and they advised against using any thing but the stock 110 lph pump. Which made no sense since every other brand of super charger says to get a bigger pump and includes a 10:1 FMU for cars with 24lb injectors. After thinking about the combo I became concerned with the fuel pressure causing static injectors at the 5-7 lbs boost the car sees.

I called KB and they were less then helpful telling me the kits are for stock cars only and would not even sell me a 10:1 FMU. Which did not make me happy since they changed the pulleys on my kit for the added displacement knowing the car was not bone stock. At some point I will move up to 42lb injectors, bigger MA and a tune. BUt I like driveability and cant afford to do it right now.

By my calculations a 10:1 FMU should be fine with 24lb injectors, 255 lph in tank pump on an engine seeing 6-7 lbs boost. My math says that would be 60 PSI from the FMU and half the normal pressure at 19 (Set at 38). Giving me 79 lbs of pressure on the injectors.

Can anyone tell me if my math is right and that would be in the safe zone to get a dyno and air/fuel pull in? The car only made around 275 HP to the wheels prior to the install so I figure it's probably seeing around 350-370 to the wheels with the KB and proper air/fuel.

Thanks In Advance

Fox-4-Cobra

Hi,, I have a bone stock 91 GT 5.0 (19 lb injectors) and got the supercharger kit that
    is for the basic stock engine. It has no bypass and I'm running a FMU that came with the kit. I'm only pushing 6 LB and it seems to work ok. I was also told not to run a bigger fuel pump. witch kit do you have? The stock without the bypass or the flowzilla?