Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Novi2k and max boost at 55k only seeing 14lbs?? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Novi2k and max boost at 55k only seeing 14lbs??

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chip Gunion View Post
    NOVI 2000 Renegade.8.2 deck Rblock
    I need your bottom and top pulley you plan to run and $450

SCH Member
    Let me get my stuff put back together and I will get back ahold of you.Been over a year since I had it going and once I started thinking about it I had very little room between blower and rad.I will get back with you as soon as I get it put back together.On a differant note what is your exhaust setup on you car in the vid in your sig.Thanks Chip

Senior SCH Member
    2" kooks headers, 3" stainless ultraflows. It is actually pretty quiet.

You will need roughly 2" of clearence in front of the blower pulley to run a brace. Being that yours is mounted on the driver side helps with adding more clearence.

SCH Member
    x-pipe ?h-pipe?Got any more videos or sound bites?

Senior SCH Member
    strait pipes and it dumps by the axle. Here is pic below. I made new aluminum mufflers but yet to put them on.

Video http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoid=61821140

Here is brace installed for a passenger side set-up

SCH Member
    Sounds nice in the second video.I do not want mine to be to loud.Gonna be running NMRA Renegade spec 311ci. rblock .Renegade Twisted wedge heads,Novi 2000,1 7/8" to 2" kooks step headers into 3 inch x-pipe and Borla XR1'S.Would not mind at all if mine sounded like yours.Nice Stang by the way.Can't believe how clean it is underneath.Chip
    Last edited by Chip Gunion; 01-26-2010 at 06:34 PM.

Checking in, I'm actually in the process of putting a 5 speed back in the car so I can drive it occasionally on the street/highway with the overdrive. This afternoon I'm going to pull the c4, so I'll post a video. I have the same Kooks headers you have Chip (The low hangers) into Dr. Gas 3" x pipe and race bullets. It is waaaaay to loud and i'm debating mufflers. I've been hearing people say try the Borla XS, so I'm thinking of running them in tandem with the Race bullets. But people keep saying you have to run Tailpipes to keep it quiet. I'm trying to get VRS Exhaust to reply to me after someone said they have great fitting 3" tailpipes already formed. Tbolt, do you have video of the car idling. My neighbors are Seattle Hippies and they won't take kindly to excessive loud in the mornings. I drove it off the trailer to my garage when I moved my car out here and I had people staring at me on the sidewalk and I don't think it was because they enjoyed the sound ;)

The other thing I'm changing is my 10 gallon fuel cell which is not cutting it for street driving. So I'm going to be putting a Glenn's tank back in the car and use the current fuel cell in the spare tire well for water/alcohol injection since I don't have an intercooler. Should make more power all around with the manual and the alcohol injection, but it has a ways to go before I can take it to the track, suspension is virtually stock. Not going for any records though, and wish Tbolt the best of luck to get to the 8's. I have two cars now and only so much money to modify them both :) Anyway I will post the video up later.

Senior SCH Member
    The stainless ultraflows are pretty quiet but I do agree that if you would throw tail pipes on that it would help quiet it even more. The borla would be a good choice as well. Sorry, no video of car at idle.