Thread: Crazy but possible?

Junior SCH Member

Crazy but possible?

Hey,

I have an M45 on and R53 (mini cooper S) this as you may be aware has a custom casting on and is a standard M45 rotors.

Now this is what I want to do, in basic terms I want to convert the casting to take a screw or a TVS type rotor. Now I understand that the application of a screw is to compress and a root blows, also I know that the direction is opposite in a screw verses a roots. that aside and also forget the water pump mounted to the rear of the blower for the moment.

I want to open up an M45 and either weld and rework the inside to accept the above or make new parts to fit the original case. The reason for all this work is to offer a better than stock, stock looking item, if you catch my drift.

I know within reason anything can be done with enough time and money. I am aware I may need to lay tooling down or investment castings.

My questions is has this been done before to another blower and can anyone on here provide and advise or things which are different. I will make a full project of this and I am really on the start line so any help would be appreciated

Richard

Junior SCH Member
    This sounds really interesting. Is this going on a mini. Wouldn't it also be easier to adapt a twin screw unit or tvs to your manifold.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by meric View Post
    This sounds really interesting. Is this going on a mini. Wouldn't it also be easier to adapt a twin screw unit or tvs to your manifold.
    I agree with this guy. You'd probably have better luck with a whipple 100Aux and just building a manifold for it.