Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Impeller Options

SCH Member
    That is not the John Erb impeller of late. I bought one in 2003ish. See my post here: http://www.superchargerhelp.com/show...ght=#post59644

I tried to put my CNC magnesium SN-60 impeller in my SN-93 scroll cover and they were different. So in my mind, VS-57, SN-60 magnesium impellers and scroll covers are different than SN-89 to SN-2000 blowers.

This is great info - thanks!

I thought all SN's were basically the same with respect to their major components (impeller, input shaft, ball carrier, scroll, scroll cover, etc...). I didn't realize the impeller and scroll covers were different on the earlier ball-drive blowers.

Junior SCH Member
    Michael, I know this is old News, But I emailed Solanski a Few Months ago, and they have that Headunit with the Gear Drive and its on one of their cars, but they will NOT for any dollar amount, sell it, nor would they even consider making a run on production of them unless they had a Huge Demand for it. Maybe we can petition them, But I would guess, we'd need at Min 100 People willing to spend $$$. Anyway, Just some Current Info.

Thanks for the information. I didn't realize they were actually running that gear drive unit; I thought it was just a prototype/display item made as a "what if" sort of thing.

I don't blame the guys at Solanski for their hesitation making a conversion kit. I think the demand for ball drive parts and service is right on the edge of profitability (at least on an annual basis). We're seeing the same thing with respect to VR-4 kits - Craig @ Paradise Wheels is taking his time ramping up production because of the high cost of manufacturing and questionable demand.

One thing I'd like to know is whether their gear drive unit is as quiet as a ball drive unit. If it is, then I can see their being enough demand for such a conversion. IMHO supercharger whine is great on a race car, but it can get a bit trying on a daily or even a weekend driver.

I've never spoken to the boys at Solanski, but I don't mind launching a petition to get them to put their gear drive conversion into production. Not sure where to start though. Should we call Solanski and get an accurate minimum quantity first? Or should we just start a post asking people who are interested to add their names? I'm sure we'd need an approximate cost for the conversion before doing so - I can't see anyone paying more for a gear drive conversion than they would for a new blower. We'd also need to know whether this is a conversion that can be done by a DIYer or if the blower would need to be sent to Solanski for the conversion to be done.

There's lots of open-ended questions that need to be answered, but I'm more than willing to help petition for this to go into production.

Junior SCH Member
    It has been quite some time since I spoke to Mr. Solanki, so let me shoot him another email 1st before we go any further and ask him what he thinks about maybe doing a run, if we could get the number of folks he would need. Also, If I remember correctly, I thought he said he had 3 of those prototypes, One was a cutaway, the other two he put on his personal Avanti's, But Not certain. Correct, I personally would not want to pay more then $1000 for this and it would really have to be a do-it-yourselfer with the Torque specs and what-not to be worth it as a V-3 Vortech SCi can be had for under $2000 5-6psi or even the Si version @9psi for less then $2900 and both of those blowers can be upgraded to 15PSI with the right pulleys or tune fairly cheap. I will follow up on this soon =) thanks

Chad