Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Impeller Options
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Impeller Options

Junior SCH Member

Impeller Options

Are there any impeller options for the SN's? I have accumulated several units and there are several different configurations on the impellers. One, I know is the John Erb regrind of a magnesium wheel in an SN60. Another looks very similar to the Paradise upgrade on a SN93, but is not the pink/purple color. Yet another is a very straight vaned SN93 I think is original. A couple are like a mix of the factory SN93 and the SN93 upgrade. And then a few have fairly straight vanes with a machined bevel cut on them. Then, finally, a mix of mag and aluminum that all look alike.

Speedystang, did you ever finish the billet design you were working on? Is there any way I could get a copy of the model file?

Just "playing around" a little now, but have accumulated some equipment for other products and would like to see if I could come up with a ceramic impeller for the SN's. I know, why not just use a newer design? Well, it's the same reason guys build 600HP Gen 1 Chevy V8's instead of buying a new one. It's just fun.

Anyway, I would appreciate any help or input.

Thanks,
    Jim

I only know of the two different SN impeller designs, both of which you mentioned: the original straight vaned version, and the upgraded "pink" version sold by Paradise and/or CUNDN Racing. The John Erb magnesium regrind is new to me.

But I think that a new impeller design for the SN would have a solid market following. There's a lot of SNs out there, and I'm sure a lot of owners would love the opportunity to increase performance from something as simple as an impeller upgrade.

Junior SCH Member
    Perhaps we can gather pictures of the various impellers we've seen and see what shows up? I'll get some good shots of the ones I have and post them. Anyone else care to share?

I think that's a great idea. May make for a good 'reference post'.

Here's a picture of the stock SN impeller (courtesy of the CUNDN Racing website):

Last edited by Michael; 10-13-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Here's another impeller pic, this time of the "business end" of a Paxton VR4. This supercharger is a ported unit from Solanki Performance.

Here's something interesting (and a little off topic) that I also found on the Solanki Performance website - a prototype gear-driven SN.

According to the Solanki Performance website, it was designed to fit an SN93 casing with a custom scroll cover. The impeller is a Paxton NOVI 1200 with double volute vains. This unit is capable of 21PSI with 1400 CFM consistently and reliably.

Last edited by Michael; 10-14-2009 at 10:20 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    I'm going for a visit with the Solanki brothers in a couple of weeks. Perhaps they'll show me something languishing in a dusty corner I can bring back besides the trans parts that are the main purpose of my trip. But from the looks of their shop, I'll bet there aren't too many dusty corners. Tomorrow, I'll pull several scroll covers off and post my findings.

Senior SCH Member

High Output Impeller

These are pic's of the high output impeller I just bought from Paradise Wheels. Notice the cupped impeller blades. I have included a rear view showing that it is also precision balanced. Craig (from Paradise) told me it is made from an aluminum alloy different from the stock impeller alloy.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior SCH Member
    Does any know the price for the purple/pink impeller?

Senior SCH Member
    Paradise Wheels sells the (PURPLE) HO impeller for $150.

Junior SCH Member
    This impeller good for all SN units? I have a SN89 that needs a rebuild but I want it to push out as much boost as it can and still be reliable for street!

Quote Originally Posted by Makahveli View Post
    This impeller good for all SN units? I have a SN89 that needs a rebuild but I want it to push out as much boost as it can and still be reliable for street!
    The only impellers that are good for unmodified SN units are the stock impeller and the HO impeller (pink/purple). The standard impeller is good for 5psi; the HO impeller is good for about 6.5psi. The HO impeller is a good option if you are on a budget and don't want to spend a lot.

The other impellers that you see posted here require conversion to a VR4. That calls for a new scroll housing and a new impeller (along with a few other internal bits). There are VR4 kits to make this conversion, but they are difficult to find because they aren't being produced anymore. But the performance is comparable to any 'new' supercharger available today.

There is a group purchase going on right now if you're interested in getting a VR4 kit for your SN89. Here's the link:

http://www.superchargerhelp.com/announcement.php?f=67
    Last edited by Michael; 04-08-2010 at 04:39 AM.

Junior SCH Member
    http://www.gatorsuperchargers.net/toro/toro.htm
    i found a pic of that john erb impeller he was talking about lol was just reading about the different impellers and found this post too

Quote Originally Posted by 91phoenix View Post
    http://www.gatorsuperchargers.net/toro/toro.htm
    i found a pic of that john erb impeller he was talking about lol was just reading about the different impellers and found this post too
    Nice find! Thanks for posting it.

Junior SCH Member

found the address of John !:

Superchargers & parts
    John Erb, 4019 PONDEROSA DR. Carson City, Nevada 89701. USA. Phone: (775) 883-6494.

Since I am located in germany could somebody call him and ask him regarding this improved impeller??

Best regards
    Jochen
    Last edited by Joo; 03-03-2012 at 01:39 PM. Reason: adding pic