Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Couple questions SN93 based?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang View Post
    The belt won't be large with the other pulleys. The factory hydraulic unit will take it up. If your factory belt has stretched just get a .5" smaller belt. Purchase a 8 rib supercharger pulley. I am sure I have 8 rib belts hanging in the shop I will put one in with the pulley. You can get a smaller blower pulley but you will over drive the unit. I would not go smaller than 4" on the 'SN' with this crank pulley or get a 3.75" 8 rib and shift at 5k rpm and if you find a VR4 you will have everything for 15 psi.

Ok so i can use my stock 6 rib belt for now cool and then later go to a 8 rib blower pulley to up the belt to a 8 rib?...How much boost will i gain by just putting the underdrive pulley on for now?..i dont know if you saw that in my last post....

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    You will see a increase but you might deal with belt slip no matter how tight you get the belt. I seen with my VR4 2 psi increase. I have only owned VR4 unit which have a tighter ball pressure. This larger pulley was to cheat the factory supercharger warranty since the supercharger was not messed with. This equates to taking the 4.25" factory supercharger pulley and installing a 3.85" unit. The under drive pulley you will gain 15hp with the water pump and alternator units. This has been tested over and over in the last 20 years and is probably the best bang for the buck.

SCH Member
    You will see a increase but you might deal with belt slip no matter how tight you get the belt. I seen with my VR4 2 psi increase. I have only owned VR4 unit which have a tighter ball pressure. This larger pulley was to cheat the factory supercharger warranty since the supercharger was not messed with. This equates to taking the 4.25" factory supercharger pulley and installing a 3.85" unit. The under drive pulley you will gain 15hp with the water pump and alternator units. This has been tested over and over in the last 20 years and is probably the best bang for the buck.

Oh ok good to know...So at least i might get a liitle increase thats a help..lol..So i might see a little gain in boost on my gauge then ...I can only hope..Im using an UPR powerpipe too everyone says you get more boost with those any truth to that?

The biggest restriction on a supercharger is the intake pipe. Everything is a help when your trying to pump air into the engine.

SCH Member
    The biggest restriction on a supercharger is the intake pipe. Everything is a help when your trying to pump air into the engine.
    Yeah so going to a 4 inch UPR powerpipe and a 90mm LMAF senor mounting out int the fender should help a little..and i see they make a bigger dicharge tube to go into the TB will that help also?

Not such a problem on the discharge side since it is being pushed to the engine.