Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Couple questions SN93 based? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Couple questions SN93 based?

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang View Post
    It takes 30 minutes to install the VR4 parts. You need to shim the drive unit for more pressure but that can be done with shims made out of Soda Cans and about 2 hours of trial and error till you get the ball drag correct.. The complete procedure is on this site. The 'SN' was designed for 5psi to give 75hp to a engine of 305ci or less and not to destroy factory engine parts. A VR4 with fuel and timing components can get you in the 9's and a easy low 11's on the street. I have used a VR4 daily.
    I agree thats why i dont understand why he wants so much money for it and why he said there is no way you can use it on a street car....Im going to have a 90mm LMAF sensor 42 lb injectors,UPR powerpipe, GSS340 255 lph fuel pump...i thought that would be plenty for the VR4 anywhere else i can look for one?

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    You're correct in saying that the stock impeller vanes have a slight curve at their ends, but this curve is very slight. In fact, even in the photos of the stock impeller above the curve are the vane tips is difficult to see. The upgraded impeller vane curves are far more pronounced and should be much easier to identify either visually or by touch.

Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to tell you whether your GSS has an upgraded or a stock impeller without a photo. Is there anyway you can post a photo of your GSS' impeller? That would help a great deal.

Here are a couple of pictures michael can you tell what I have from these ?

Thanks Mark

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    From the looks of it this is the curfed impeller.
    You are looking at the curfed side, now feel with your finger under a blade and feel if it is straight or curfed.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    VR4 and Ebay go together like Peanut Butter and Chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by MAGNUMPOWER View Post
    Here are a couple of pictures michael can you tell what I have from these ?

Thanks Mark
    Based on these photos, it looks like you have the upgraded impeller in your GSS.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for your help guys so what sive pullys should I run with the uprated impellar ? Its on a 1998 5.9 Chrysler Magnum engine. and what boost should i expect ?

Mark

SCH Member
    VR4 and Ebay go together like Peanut Butter and Chocolate.
    So do you think i can find one on ebay?..Will that head unit fit the SN93 bracket?

VR4 is a modified 'SN' so everything is the same. To really get the power out you need a 8 rib belt. I have a billet 8rib with under-drive pulley if you want it before it goes on ebay. I think I also have a low mileage belt also I can put in the box. $100 shipped
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member
    VR4 is a modified 'SN' so everything is the same. To really get the power out you need a 8 rib belt. I have a billet 8rib with under-drive pulley if you want it before it goes on ebay. I think I also have a low mileage belt also I can put in the box. $100 shipped

What will that do for my SN93 now more boost...Or is that only good for the VR4 kit?...Yes im interested..in that set-up..just want to know what will be the benefit using that set-up?Thanks...

It will spin the supercharger faster without going to a smaller blower pulley which causes belt slip and being a 8 rib for when you get a VR4 will allow 15 psi with a 3.5" blower pulley or get a pulley for your 'SN' and keep the boost climbing at high rpm(+4500 rpm) and not allow the boost to drop. Makes tuning easier also because you don't end up with boost spikes. The biggest problem with belt slip other than your boost dropping at higher rpm is that you tune for more fuel at higher rpm but if your boost starts to drop at 4500 rpm and your car is putting more fuel at that rpm you will be really rich and cause high rpm fouling of the plugs. I have seen this so many times since fuel is based on air flow and rpm. The bonus on this pulley is also it is a under-drive for the accessories and that is worth horsepower and it is something you can't do with the Paxton blower pulley since it fits inside the stock unit. You can install this pulley and still use your 6 rib till you change over and get the benefit of the extra blower speed.
    I have a free listing credit on Ebay if I post my parts by Friday at Midnight. If you want this just PayPal to aaronspeed@embarqmail.com and I will ship.

SCH Member
    It will spin the supercharger faster without going to a smaller blower pulley which causes belt slip and being a 8 rib for when you get a VR4 will allow 15 psi with a 3.5" blower pulley or get a pulley for your 'SN' and keep the boost climbing at high rpm(+4500 rpm) and not allow the boost to drop. Makes tuning easier also because you don't end up with boost spikes. The biggest problem with belt slip other than your boost dropping at higher rpm is that you tune for more fuel at higher rpm but if your boost starts to drop at 4500 rpm and your car is putting more fuel at that rpm you will be really rich and cause high rpm fouling of the plugs. I have seen this so many times since fuel is based on air flow and rpm. The bonus on this pulley is also it is a under-drive for the accessories and that is worth horsepower and it is something you can't do with the Paxton blower pulley since it fits inside the stock unit. You can install this pulley and still use your 6 rib till you change over and get the benefit of the extra blower speed.
    I have a free listing credit on Ebay if I post my parts by Friday at Midnight. If you want this just PayPal to aaronspeed@embarqmail.com and I will ship.

Ok so this goes on the crank right?...so i have to change the stock belt or the blower belt?...so if i leave the pulley thats on my SN93 now, will that crank pulley up my boost?....or do i have to change the blower pulley to see more boost...im a little confussed sorry....

It is a Crank Pulley. You can probably use your blower belt it depends on how much you have the belt adjuster down. It will increase the supercharger speed usually 2 psi and boost will come in sooner since your increasing the crank speed to the blower. You will need a shorter drive belt or get a under-drive kit for the water pump and alternator. The under drive kits are cheap($45) it is the lower billet supercharger pulley that cost so much.

SCH Member
    One more question please I have a set of underdrive pullies already not on the car but i have them...lol so i dont need that but say my belt is too loose how do i find a belt to fit?..also it still will stay a 6 rib for now?....And how would it g to a 8 rib later?...I know im asing alot of questions sorry:)

Oh crap i forgot to ask will isee like 7 psi with this pulley it is a 5 lb kit now also were can i get a smaller supercharger pulley to up boost with this lower pulley?
    Last edited by MY 93 GT; 12-31-2009 at 10:14 AM.

The belt won't be large with the other pulleys. The factory hydraulic unit will take it up. If your factory belt has stretched just get a .5" smaller belt. Purchase a 8 rib supercharger pulley. I am sure I have 8 rib belts hanging in the shop I will put one in with the pulley. You can get a smaller blower pulley but you will over drive the unit. I would not go smaller than 4" on the 'SN' with this crank pulley or get a 3.75" 8 rib and shift at 5k rpm and if you find a VR4 you will have everything for 15 psi.