Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Need help with install PLEASE

Thread: Need help with install PLEASE

Junior SCH Member

Need help with install PLEASE

Guys,
    I am getting a little fustratated as every time i turn around some "special" work needs to be done.
    My problem is i am not running A/C and now that the alt. and smog pump are set up the water pulley it hitting the tensioner.
    I know I can get a smaller water pump pulley but still it does not look like it will give enough room nor any belt tension worth while.
    Do I need a special a/c delete kit with pullies?? to change the angle from the power steering pulley to the alt.?
    I am running a 10 rib set up with 6.87" crank with underdrive.
    Are there any other problems or solutions to getting the proper size belt and tensions.
    Thanks, right now i am not sure what to do.
    1992 GT DECH, 331ci and S-trim

SCH Member
    That will teach ya for getting rid of the A/C...... Just kidding, ya pretty sure you need a delete pulley.
    93 LX Convertible, Saleen body kit & decals, Balanced 306, B303, 1.7rr, TRW Forged pistons, Explorer intake, GT40p heads,Head studs, 70mm T.B,

Junior SCH Member
    YEP!! I just went through this dude, it was a pain because my car never came with A/C. So I had to order the A/C brackets from MPS (Mustang Parts Specialties in Georgia), paid $80 for them overnighted. Then I had to buy the A/C delete kit from UPR Products, http://www.uprproducts.com and that was another $49 plus shipping! I paid $70 for that overnighted... so $130 later I could put a stock belt on the car, Oh and I also had to buy a new water pump pulley (stock) because I had underdrives. There's no real way of getting around this, some guys say they could stretch a belt on there but I tried and it was either too loose or too tight, I even tried re-drilling one of the tensioner brackets so that the tensioner pivoted in a different location, possibly not hitting the water pump.. NOPE! Just bite the bullet and do it right man...

Have fun, you're much better off then I was if you previously had A/C and still have the brackets, they're a little hard to find since Ford doesn't make them anymore!!!!

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys.

Guess I am buying an A/C delete kit.
    Thanks again
    1992 GT DECH, 331ci and S-trim