Thread: New Uk member

Junior SCH Member

New Uk member

Hi there Im in the Uk and have got a secondhand Novi GSS that was fitted to a 1998 Chrysler 360 Magnun EFI Motor. I now am fitting this to the same motor that now has a Carb setup so I will be asking a few questions on how to go about it as this is my first dealings with a blower so please be patient with me :)

Cheers

Hi there and welcome to SCH!

Feel free to ask any questions you like (you should probably post in the SN section of the site if you're going to specifically ask about the GSS). We'll try to help as best we can.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the welcome Michael as Ive said Im new to the world of supperchargers so how does the GSS rate among the Paxton chargers ?

That's a bit of a loaded question since there are essentially two types of Paxton superchargers: the older design ball-drive superchargers and the newer NOVI gear-driven chargers. The ball-drive chargers benefit from a very simple design, but do have their drawbacks/limits with respect to output (boost and CFM) and maintenance. The newer NOVI gear drive units benefit from improved technology and don't suffer from the same limits/drawbacks as the old ball-drive units, but they do come at a cost.

Your GSS is a ball-drive supercharger, and I believe one of the last variants produced by Paxton. When compared to other Paxton 'SN' superchargers, however, there is very little difference between it and the rest of the 'SN' series of chargers (SN60, SN89, SN92, SN93, and SN2000), meaning the GSS doesn't have any distinct advantage over any other ball-drive Paxton supercharger.

I recently posted a four-part history of the Paxton-McCulloch supercharger in the SN Series section of the forum. Have a read through it. You'll find a lot of interesting facts about the development of the ball-drive superchargers and you'll better understand the roots of your GSS came from.

Here's are the links to the four-part history posting:

Paxton-McCulloch Supercharger History - Part I

Paxton-McCulloch Supercharger History - Part II

Paxton-McCulloch Supercharger History - Part III

Paxton-McCulloch Supercharger History - Part IV

I'd also suggest spending some time reading some of the posts in the SN Series section of the forum too. There is a wealth of information there regarding Paxton ball-drive superchargers, well worth taking the time to absorb it all.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Michael; 11-29-2009 at 06:52 PM.