Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ditch My Fmu?

Thread: Ditch My Fmu?

Junior SCH Member

Ditch My Fmu?

I'm about to try again with my car, its a 2000 GT with a p1sc w/ 3 core intercooler...hasn't run right since day one, with 42's and the stock mass air, it wouldn't even run, so ruch raw fuel dripped out the pipes. As of now i have the stock 19's in and it runs fine...i have a 90mm LMAF and i'm waiting on a reburned chip from procharger. If this doesn't work i'm wondering if i should ditch my fmu. I wouldn't be able to get my car tuned till mid april so i'm wondering if i did ditch it, would my car even run?
    P-1SC stage 2 w/ 3 core intercooler
    42# injectors

Junior SCH Member
    if you don't have it tuned and chipped then i wouldn't even think of running it in boost with no fmu especially on 19lb injectors. Kinda sounds like you need to find yourself a good tuner and dyno and cough up the money for a good tune.. you'll be glad you did. with a good tune and your 42's there shouldn't be a need for the fmu and you should be very happy with it. also with the 42's you need to get a maf that is calibrated for them. pick yourself up a pro m Univer calibrated for 42's and your car will likely run much better..
    95 GT MOVIE HERE

I'm trying to figure out why you were using #42's and the stock meter... no wonder the car wouldn't even run, that's not how you do it. As far as running the stock #19 injectors and meter, that's fine as long as you STAY OUT OF BOOST with no FMU... you are going to find yourself down a few slugs and possibly a block if you aren't carefull. You should be running #42's with a meter callibrated for #42 (Pro-M Univer is your best choice) if you plan on running with out a FMU (which is exactly what I would do). Either way you go, you should invest on a good dyno tune.
    ---Don---
    WA2FAST

http://wa2fast.corral.net