Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN 93 Hack Job

Thread: SN 93 Hack Job

Junior SCH Member

SN 93 Hack Job

Just wanted to share a major modification i did on a SN93 installed on my 68 camaro with a tuned port injected motor.

I had a sn93 i wanted to put on my camaro and with the tpi intake i needed either the paxton tpi elbows or a crazy amount of tubing to use the rear discharge paxton suparcharger. it was hard to make the first cut but i milled off the discharge elbow and made my own hardware to make it a side discharge.

This modification seems to really help the sharp bend the air has to take with the stock rear discharge the connecting elbow is from vortech.

mike
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Wow that brings back the Mid 80's Big time for me. I would do the same thing for years because Paxton did not come out with a kit to fit Corvettes till way later then the Mustang. It Looks Excellent, Great Job.

Junior SCH Member

Side discharge

Nicely done !!

-Aggressor

Senior SCH Member
    It definitely looks less restrictive than the Carroll/Paxton set up.

Nice welds!

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    very nice job !!
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Kudos for the great job, and for having the courage to take a hack-saw (ok, milling machine) to your SN.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the support guys. I have been wanting to put the paxton on for over a year but i wasnt sure how i wanted to complete the system.

the vortech elbow was designed to be mounted on the drivers side and i originally thought about running an insane amount of piping through an intercooler to connect everything from one side of the car to the other. this seemed like a total waste considering i was only going to run 5-7 lbs of boost.

after a brain storm, if i flipped the vortech elbow over it lined up with the supercharger and the discharge scroll was in the right rotation. the only problem was the rear discharge of the paxton. it was hard to cut into a good housing but after things got started it looked like my project was going to work out.

the discharge flange was welded onto the housing but the rear cover is still removable to service the impeller.

i think the modification will help the flow some, the air exits the housing at a high speed and the stock sharp paxton elbow probably just deflects the air instead of smoothly turning it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    Back in the day i would keep both exits by using the same method on the rear port and some customers would use both discharge ports for a dual carb intake top hat set up. If I could only find the old pictures to scan because it looked really cool on a T-Bucket.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    You might want to construct a heatshield under the airfilter to keep it from sucking up hot air from the header.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw