Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Renegade Bracket Upgrade

Thread: Renegade Bracket Upgrade

Renegade Bracket Upgrade

This weekend I finally got around to installing the Vortech Renegade brackets on my YSI setup. Prior to installing these brackets I had asked around for tips and/or pictures but there wasn’t much out there,
    so I figured I’d document it to so everyone can see what’s involved and for future reference for anyone who is planning to install them.

When you start off you will have a big box of parts that looks like this. Included is a supercharger mounting bracket, a supercharger mounting plate, a tensioner mounting plate, a tensioner pulley, and a scary
    looking bag full of various bolts, washers, spacers, alternator stay, and other misc tensioner pieces.

The first step is to remove your old setup. The main bracket for the new kit is the same as the old kit. This makes the install a snap. I pulled the entire bracket/plate assembly off as one piece and just replaced
    the old front plate with the new front plate, leaving the alternator and smog delete in place:

The next step is to mount this setup back in the car. I re-used the existing hardware, so mounting it back up was a snap:

The next steps are to connect the oil drain line, mount the supercharger, and re-connect the alternator wires (I forgot to shoot a picture at this step, but it should be a normal step that everyone is used to).

Finally the new tensioner setup is mounted to the front of the blower setup. This take a few minutes to figure out. First you connect the tensioner adjuster and screw, and then you mount the plate. Finally
    you install the blower belt, install the tensioner pulley, adjust the tension, and then lock the nut.

Here is are a couple of good shots of the new pulley and the adjuster screw:

And here are some final install shots:

From start to finish plan about 2-3 hours to complete this swap if this is the first time working with this setup. The directions are very confusing at first, but once you get started and see how the old setup is laid
    out and start to follow the instructions for the new setup, it is actually very easy and straightforward.

I wish I would have installed these years ago when they came out! The tensioner design on this kit is fabulous. All you do is crank down on the bolt, and the blower belt tensioner is forced down and applies
    tension on the blower belt with very little effort. Then you just tighten the locking nut and you are done. No more breaker bars, big pry bars, or multiple people needed to tighten the belt. I am definitely
    going to install these brackets on my street car that has an s-trim on it next!
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for spending the time and effort to post your installation Im sure it will help someone.

Junior SCH Member
    Nice upgrade.
    Who makes the kit and what is the cost.
    Also does it work with the factory style water pump if i'm using the smog pump bypass pulley.
    Havn't seen activity here in quite a while.
    A little surprised.:happy:
    Pursuing a wild goose.

One toke over the line.:teeth:

Junior SCH Member
    Did you have a different bracket before?

Quote Originally Posted by carbed capri View Post
    Nice upgrade.
    Who makes the kit and what is the cost.
    Also does it work with the factory style water pump if i'm using the smog pump bypass pulley.
    Havn't seen activity here in quite a while.
    A little surprised.:happy:
    Vortech makes the kit. The price varies significantly depending on if you go direct or get it from a venfor.

Yes, it should work with a standard wp.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

Quote Originally Posted by fastford331 View Post
    Did you have a different bracket before?
    YS and YSI's originally came with the standard S-trim style brackets.
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    great info, waiting on my bracket to arrive