Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN93 Question

Thread: SN93 Question

Junior SCH Member

SN93 Question

I have an SN93. I am curious to know why it has 6 large allen head screws through the front housing, i.e., pulley side. I have seen another SN series with the same design. It too was a SN93 so I am assuming the design was unique to SN93's. Besides purpose, what is the torque on these bolts. I am going to try to attach a photo, but since this is my first posting we will have to see if it works.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    it is the way to seperate the case, the older styles had the bolts in the side/middle.
    They don't need to be torqued hard but be aware that the harder you torque them the harder it is to turn the pulley thus aplying more pressure on the balldrive.

Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the response. So my understanding is that these 6 larger allen head screws in the SN 93 replace the smaller perimeter bolts that hold the cases together on other SN models. I also have an SN 2000 with the smaller perimeter screws.

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    Yes that is corect.
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw