Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: VR4 Kits

SCH Member

Thumbs up VR4 Kits

I just purchased a used rear VR4 cover from Craig Conley at Paradise Wheels.
    He says he is almost ready to set up the tooling for another run of Kits. He has 6 orders at 600.00 each right now. If you are interested call him at 760-740-0956 or his e-mail is conleyr107@sbcglobal.net

If we show enough interest in them he will get them done for us.

Cliff at Cundn says he is halfway through production of his own kits as well.

I have also located some new old stock impellers and will keep everyone posted. The cover from Craig is Mint also got a shim kit and a VR4 decal too.

All these people have been a pleasure to do business with thanks to all of them A++++.

SCH Member
    Is the a whole VR4 kit i have an SN93 now i would like to make it a VR4 he said he didnt have any and would not sell it to me because it isnt a street blower you need to run race gas and it would last on a street car for like 50 miles thats right from his mouth..so im confussed what is this kit contain and can i make it a VR4?

SCH Member
    Speedytang on here runs a vr4 on the street and has for many years, ask him about them.

The 600.00 is the rear cover and the impeller to convert a blower, (mine is an SN- 2000)
    that puts out maybe 850 CFM and 5 PSI with the HO impeller to a VR4 larger diameter OD
    and 16 veins that increase the CFM to 1500 and the Boost to around 15 PSI.

89LX, Todd

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 89LX View Post
    Speedytang on here runs a vr4 on the street and has for many years, ask him about them.

The 600.00 is the rear cover and the impeller to convert a blower, (mine is an SN- 2000)
    that puts out maybe 850 CFM and 5 PSI with the HO impeller to a VR4 larger diameter OD
    and 16 veins that increase the CFM to 1500 and the Boost to around 15 PSI.

89LX, Todd
    Thanks Todd...I know i spoke to speedystang before i want a VR4 bad...lol...maybe i can find one someday...:)

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    $600 is not bad, I paid $450 for my last conversion kit 10 years ago from Paxton.

SCH Member
    Hey speedy what aftercooler do you run ie which model unit number not the heat exchanger but the aftercooler itself? Do you have a photo of your plumbing. I was trying to go right from the back outlet of the SN-2000/VR4 to the throttlebody directly but can't seem to find one to fit the space because the strut tower is right there. I didn't want to put it up front and then have to plumb it all the way back to the throttle body. I run the BBK-SSI intake. If I use a 180 degree bend out of the charger aiming toward the front
    of the car to a 180 in and out aftercooler then to the throttlebody that might work but alot of piping, figured I woulld ask you what you run??

I have never run a aftercooler on a VR4, I use the model of aftercooler that I posted on Turbo cars. I never have seen a gain using a aftercooler or a intercooler that was worth all the piping issues when a water/meth injection unit gives you so much more for a lot less money.

SCH Member
    www.solankiperformance.com has a brand new vr-4 for $1900 shipped but here is a email from him. '' I have NEW billet aluminum VR4 impellers, but no scroll covers. The impellers are CNC machined from scratch. Now I have to get some scroll covers made up.
    Last edited by antoine; 01-27-2010 at 01:36 AM.

I talked to Paradise Wheels back in November, and at that time he said he had five people waiting for kits. I told him I needed two so back then he should of been up to seven.
    And if Solanki still has that VR4 in a couple of months it will find it's way to my house. Then I will just have to figure out how to slow my car down to run 10.0

SCH Member

VR4 KITS FROM CRAIG CONLEY AS OF 1/28/10

I have spoken with Craig Conley at Paradise Wheels today 1/28/10 and he
    has told me if we had a "total" of 15 people to commit to the VR4 conversions
    priced at $600.00 each kit he would produce them. Here is his phone number
    to call him at: 1-760-740-0954, his e-mail address is: conleyr@sbcglobal.net

How this all started is I had asked one of the rebuilders if they had any impellers and they told me they had them at 475.00 each and they were supposed to be brand new ones bought from Paradise Wheels (NOS) years ago. I then bought a "Used" cover directly from Craig on 1/11/10 for $150.00 plus a shim kit for $25.00 and a VR4 decal he threw in for free for a total of 190.00 I can show receipt as proof. The cover looks mint for a used part and I'm fussy. It is fully machined to mate up to his original impellers that is why I bought the used cover, it should bolt right up to an original impeller. Well I guess you all know the impeller guy wanted my cover and now he supposedly sold the impeller. I don't know if he really even had them to start with ??
    I had contacted Solanki last year he didn't have anymore and told me his casting co in Brazil shut down?? Maybe that is why he doesn't have any covers now??
    Anyway if you have any interest in a VR4 kit contact Craig at Paradise and he will hook us up for 600.00 a kit. Why buy another supercharger when you can
    upgrade yours to realise it's "Full" potential??
    89LX, Todd

SCH Member

Paradise receipt for VR4 cover

Here is the receipt as proof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

SCH Member

VR4 Kits

The correct e-mail address for Craig Conley at Paradise Wheels is:

conleyr107@sbcglobal.net

Sorry for any confusion!

89LX,
    Todd

SCH Member
    I am confussed this kit will turn my SN93 into a VR4???...if so what else do i need from Craig to make this work?

Just install the parts and make sure you have a Supercharger cooler.

Junior SCH Member
    How does the ordering process work with him. Is craig taking deposits or is everyone paying upfront or is it just peoples names on a list?. I contacted Craig a few times about possibly getting the parts to upgrade to a Vr4 and for whatever reason he kept trying to talk me out of it but I think I am going to change over and just see how I like it, I can always go back if it is as much of a hassle of dealing with the belt slip as he has stated but I have definetly maxed my sn93 and its not making as much as I would like to see this combo make.