Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VR4 Kits

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Formulalt1 View Post
    How does the ordering process work with him. Is craig taking deposits or is everyone paying upfront or is it just peoples names on a list?. I contacted Craig a few times about possibly getting the parts to upgrade to a Vr4 and for whatever reason he kept trying to talk me out of it but I think I am going to change over and just see how I like it, I can always go back if it is as much of a hassle of dealing with the belt slip as he has stated but I have definetly maxed my sn93 and its not making as much as I would like to see this combo make.

Same here i talke to him too and he said i couldnt use the VR4 on the street blah blah blha...i just wanted to get on a list or buy one i'll deal with the hassles myself later i just want more boost...i think the sn93 will give me decent power but i would like to have more on tap when needed...

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang View Post
    Just install the parts and make sure you have a Supercharger cooler.

So those pasrts he is selling makes it into a vr4? that crank pulley i bought from you would work?,,,aslo what super charger pulley would i need then?

SCH Member
    OK i emailed Craig im on the list..!!!!!!

Junior SCH Member
    I called him today and put my name on the list as well but we aren't even close. He supposedly has 3 confirmed buyers and won't start production til he has 15. So we need alot more interest.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Formulalt1 View Post
    I called him today and put my name on the list as well but we aren't even close. He supposedly has 3 confirmed buyers and won't start production til he has 15. So we need alot more interest.
    WOW ok we have to get this going then i want one...well i have the SN93 just i want more boost!!!!! lol :)

SCH Member

VR4 kits

He stated to me if he could get 15 people to commit to the kits he would make
    up 30 of them. That would make it worth his while to change over his tooling
    and he would then have 15 kits on hand for any future inquiries. I think he
    would want at least a deposit of some kind to show your commitment to it.
    He also told me it is 15,000 to make them so he doesn't want to lay out the
    money if there isn't any legitimate interest in the kits, understandibly so.
    I just looked at the Novi 2000's and they are 3500.00 for the kit for a 89
    mustang and they put out about 10 PSI per the ads on Ebay. I paid Cundn
    2109.00 shipped for my kit last June with the HO impeller. I just bought a
    used rear VR4 cover from Craig at Paradise because someone in the business
    was supposed to have a New Old Stock impeller. It turned out all they wanted
    was my used rear cover as I got the run around when I was willing to pay 475.00
    for a cast impeller. They supposedly sold 1 of 2 they have and they are trying to
    duplicate the one they have left so I can't have it yet???? This is why I'm trying to
    get these done. I got a lead on here that there are some billet
    impellers for sale without the covers. I called and am on a list to get
    one of them as well supposedly for 350.00 we will see if it materializes??
    The point of this is that for less money I'll make more boost and have a quiet booster
    that can be repaired for a little bit of money.

89 LX,
    Todd

SCH Member

VR4 kits

The other side of the coin is that any of us that would change over to the VR4 set up could sell any surplus parts either through this site or Ebay etc... and recoupe some of the money back. I have an HO impeller for instance plus the rear cover is worth some thing to someone who needs it.
    I just spent 1275.00 this weekend on Aluminum GT-40X-305 heads, Ford Racing 1.6 Roller Rocker Arms, Cobra R Valve covers to clear the tall Rockers, Graphite Ford Head gasket Kit and the seller even through in a water pump gasket set as well all shipped from Canada. I think I did well! I could have just bought another supercharger trading mine up but I like it. Mine is self contained and quiet, my car is a 89 LX all stock looking sleeper with 373's,TKO 500 Tremec 5 speed,BBK-SSI intake and now this stuff too. I have other goodies for a brand new 302 Roller Block on the stand and a new Ford Racing crank as well. I am in the process of picking out Keith Black Forged Pistons and Forged Aluminum H beam Rods as well, so like I said it's not a money issue I just want what I want.

89LX,
    Todd

Senior SCH Member
    89LX,
    Any more news on the VR4 kits from Paradise Wheel? I asked Cundn Racing if they had any kits and this was the response I got,”As of right now no, but soon.” I pressed for more information, but got no response. That was as of 3/2/2010. I hope somebody starts producing the conversion parts again.

SCH Member
    That was the last thing I heard from anybody. I just keep getting the run around and it is frustrating for sure. I've tried everywhere but I won't quit till someone makes them for us! Ford is remaking the Boss 302 blocks again perfect for street rods as well as mustangs maybe someone will see the light here!

Todd 89 LX

SCH Member
    Anyone "SERIOUSLY" interested in a VR4 impeller Conversion kit for your
    Paxton Supercharger please e-mail me so I can keep a list of people interested.
    I will post the number on here regularly for everyone to see with your name,
    So we can keep track of the number of interested parties so as to keep the BS
    to a minimum. Please be willing to give Craig Conley a deposit at Paradise Wheels.
    You let me know when you are ready and I will also contact Craig directly and hold
    him to it if we get the 15 orders needed to produce 30 kits total.
    My direct e-mail is: tfdali@sbcglobal.net please put VR4 Supercharger in the subject
    line. You can also send me a message through here if you like either way.

SCH Member
    Okay I have ....

ME- 1) Todd Dahlke, 89LX on here, my e-mail: tfdali@sbcglobal.net
    My cell number is 860-389-6685 contact me to be added to the list.

2) John McDonnell, Formulalt1 on here

3) Bobby Schlosser, 93stangblk on here

If you want your name on the list contact me via e-mail and notate VR4 in
    the subject line as I receive 30 plus e-mails a day. Thanks for your interest!

Todd

SCH Member
    2 more names pending: Buck-Strickland and James Pigford, please e-mail me when you have called Craig at Paradise Wheels at 760-740-0954.

Again my e-mail is: tfdali@sbcglobal.net
    Please put VR4 Kits in the subject line so I can pick yours out quickly and get back to you,
    as I get 30+ e-mails a day.

Thanks for your interest in the VR4 kits,
    89LX,Todd

Senior SCH Member
    3/24/2010 9:25am; I just got off the phone with Craig at PW. I am on the waiting list. He did not ask for a deposit, but I got the impression once the list is of adequate size he will be calling around for deposits. He seemed very positive about this happening, that’s a good sign.
    89LX, I PM’d you too.

SCH Member
    Here we Go again for the list of names for the VR4 Kits:

1) Me, Todd Dahlke, 89LX,tfdali@sbcglobal.net, 1 Kit

2) John McDonnell, formulalt1 1 Kit

3) Bobby Schlosser, 93stangblk 1 Kit

4) Doug Acker Jr., dracer1988 2 kits

5) Mike ,Buck-Strickland 1 Kit

I also have James Pigford pending that is 5 names 6 kits plus James when I hear back from him. that will bring the total to 7 kits out of the 15 needed.

Senior SCH Member
    We might get some more interest if some of you post about this on the Mustang forums. I'm not a Mustang guy, so I don't no where to go, but it may help the cause. Even those who are not interested in a kit, if you could at least spread the word that would be great.
    Thanks