Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VR4 Kits

SCH Member
    I have Mustang and this is the only site I really visit besides Ebay and actual part venders,Jeg's,Summit,PAW etc.. . I am trying to get onto the Mustang Corral site for that very reason. I have to get a hold of the administrator to see if they will let me post the group buy.

Todd,89LX

Senior SCH Member
    Per Craig at PW, "still not enough orders yet." Talked to him 4/13/2010.

If any of you who frequent other sites, especially the Mustang sites could pass the word I would appreciate it.

SCH Member

VR4 Kits

I spoke with Craig on the phone twice on 4/13/10 as well. I had called him for the specs on a VR4 SN93 I just bought used. His main concern about the kits is he wants people to be aware that these kits require larger intake tubing and larger discharge tubing and quite a bit of tuning/tweeking and or management. You can't just bolt it on! He doesn't want anyone upset or disapointed after purchasing a kit,
    so if your okay with all that and know that you have to make certain changes call him.

I bought the VR4 SN93 setup from 1BA67 from here and am VERY,VERY pleased with what I got from him. It is mint inside and all the extras including 10 Rib pulleys, tensioner and a Brand new Belt. Plus all the brackets, bolts a cooler and pump with dipstick setup,braided lines, new Bosch blow off valve, extra shims and bearings all shipped for 1050.00, I couldn't say no!

I also told Craig I was still committed to the VR4 kits and obtaining the 15 names so know that. I started this and won't stop until we get them done. So those of you who are interested e-mail me once you have called Craig at Paradise Wheels at: 760-740-0954 and once again I'll say it, "he is a great guy to deal with". He didn't hesitate to help me out on the phone at all and I called him twice.

89LX, Todd

SCH Member

Vr4 for sale..? or can it work?

are you guys all interested in just parts or would a whole Vr4 be useful? I understand the back side of the case is bigger or the front or something- i dont know centrificals, but i've got a Vr4 that needs the ball drive redone.

I dont know how these are supposed to be street driven. My friend bought it directly from Paxton back in the day, and it made it up the street twice before flaking the steel off the ball drives..... and Paxton wouldn't warranty a "race" blower. he does still have the dipstick oil cooler thingy.

so i dont know if i should rebuild it and try to get more than 150 extra ponies out of my 415 inch small block dodge (10.15:1 compression, 292*/ .509" / 108 LSA Purple cam) i know the cam is rowdy for a blower, but would it even see enough boost to get me more than 150 hp?

Is this something i should even be trying, or should i get rid of it--cuz, to be honest, nitrous would be easier for 150-200 hp. Hell, it's damned near impossible to find a 6-71 intake manifold for a small block dodge...

Kaptainriktastik@hotmail.com
    -rick
    Last edited by 69fury; 04-24-2010 at 08:30 PM.

SCH Member
    We have another name for the VR4 Kits. Here is the list of names right now.

1) Todd Dahlke,89LX, 1 Kit

2) John McDonnell, formulalt1, 1 Kit

3) Bobby Schlosser, 93stangblk, 1 Kit

4) Mike Scheuer, Buck-Strickland, 1 Kit

5) Doug Acker JR.,dracer1988, 2 Kits

6) Kevin Riles, 1 Kit

total = 7 Kits

We need 8 more to be spoken for, tell your fellow racers and friends the VR4 kits are going to be back in production. The kits are 600.00 each contact Craig Conley at Paradise wheels at: 760-740-0954 and ask to be added to the list of names for the VR4 kits. Contact me at: tfdali@sbcglobal.net e-mail me your contact information.

Thanks for your interest in the VR4 Kits,

Todd,89LX

Senior SCH Member
    I contacted PW today to get an update on the VR4 list. Here's what he said.

"Not bad but still need more orders.
    Craig Conley"

So, once again pass the word even if you are not interested yourself. If you see a guy at the track with a SN let him know about this list . Or, maybe you need an extra one for the self, back up or spare, investment$$(couldn't be worse than the stock market)? Whatever, lets get another run of these made. $600 upgrade is a lot cheaper than a $2500 new kit.

Thanks

Senior SCH Member

Multiple VR4 kit purchase discounts:

Conversation with Craig from Paradise Wheel 6/23/2010:

Q: Can I get a better price if I buy two kits? On another note, what would a complete VR4 unit go for if you had the parts? I can pass along the word and see if we can drum up some more interest from that angle too.
    Craig, “I don't have a firm price yet because I have to make them first. i sold them for 600.00 before and if you buy 2 I will discount the 2nd one for sure.”
    Q: Good to know, I may buy two when you make them again just to have a spare. Do you mind if I pass along that you will discount if people buy multiple kits?
    Craig,” Sure, But no pricing yet. Could be cheaper when I get to make them in bigger numbers.”
    Note this is regarding upgrade kits, not the blower.

Junior SCH Member
    What is the list up to? Interested in getting on the list for a VR-4 kit, if it will work in the SN 92 unit. Contact me by pm with more info.
    Last edited by 86notch; 07-19-2010 at 01:12 AM.
    Keep the old school, old school

Senior SCH Member
    PM sent.

Also, the contact information is above too. I think we are up to 7-8 kits not counting yours. Some may buy extra kits to stash away for latter.

Thanks

SCH Member

VR4 kits

Hello 86notch,
    I am the guy trying to get these kits made up somehow. If you want to be added to the list of names contact Craig Conley and tell him
    you want to be added then e-mail me back that you have done so and I will add you to the list on here. I need your name and contact information so I can contact you when the time comes. Here is Craig Conley's contact info at Paradise wheels 760-740-0956 his e-mail is ConleyR107@sbcglobal.net

My e-mail is tfdali@sbcglobal.net please enter VR4 kit in the subject line as I receive tons of e-mail and I will be able to spot yours quickly.

Junior SCH Member
    I'll give him a call this week and let you all know via email.

Thanks
    Ben

SCH Member

VR4 Kit

Okay Ben,
    I have a new job and am working 60-70 hours a week so if you don't hear from me right away be patient and I Will get back to you. I am a car guy like you not a salesman so keep the faith and we will get these done somehow,somewhere so every one can be happy.

Todd,
    89LX,
    tfdali@sbcglobal.net

Junior SCH Member

VR4 Fluid

What fluid does one currently use in a VR4-spec’d Paxton?

Many years ago, Paxton said a SN93 required Type-F non-synthetic transmission fluid (still recommended) or the standard “tan” Paxta-Trac fluid.

The VR4s were to only use the Paxta-Trac Blue synthetic fluid and nothing else. It was recommended against using the blue Paxta-Trac fluid in a standard SN unit by Paxton.

With the higher bearing loads in a VR4 unit (due to high ball pre-load) are people still using non-synthetic Type-F trans fluid or something like B&M Trick Shift fluid, or B&M Synthetic Trick Shift Fluid?

As a side comment, I too remember Paxton publishing that VR4 units are not for street driven vehicles and were intended for drag racing only. Are they really holding up for extended street use?

Mike

Senior SCH Member

Another VR4 source

Junior SCH Member
    Out of curiosity, has anything came about this. I got really busy in the past few months and almost forgot about this.