Thread: info on 6v-71 blowers

Junior SCH Member

info on 6v-71 blowers

Wanted to know if any parts from a 6-71 GMC blower is compatable with a 6v-71 GMC blower, like front and rear bearing plate's, gear covers, and drive parts. Any information or expereance with the 6v-71 GMC would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I'm not an expert on Roots blowers, but if I'm not mistaken, the casing of 6-71 is longer than the 6v-71. The 6-71 was intended for use on inline engines, whereas the 6v-71 was intended for V-type engines. Because of this obvious difference in length, the internal rotors are not interchangeable.

I believe the front and rear bearings are the same between the two blowers, and I think the front bearing plates are also interchangeable, however the rear plate on the 6v-71 is shorter in order to clear a distributor.

Again, I'm not an expert on this subject so hopefully someone who has more experience will chime in soon.

Junior SCH Member
    I think I may have found part of the answer to my question, Istill would like to get more

information on this if anyone else know's.

NOTE; An inline new style front gear cover is required for installation of a drive snout on v-series blowers. I have these available for $50 ea.