Thread: SN2000 questions

Junior SCH Member

SN2000 questions

I bought an sn2000 a month or so ago and after getting it installed and running it a little bit I noticed some type-f in my intake tube. So I ordered a refresh kit. I took it apart tonite and noticed that the rear seal that was in the supercharger looked like a plain over the counter seal. I replaced it with the fancy one I got. I then noticed that the pins on the bearing races had sheared at some point. My question is do I need to order new races even though the bearing surfaces look fine or can I just use the Loctite 603 stuff I read about in the other thread? Will it work without the pin if I loctite them in? My case doesn't seem to be that chewed up and it looks like the damage happened sometime recently(probably before the seller took it off the car).

Thanks in advance.

I don't know how much new bearing races go for but personally I would do it right and get new ones. You've gone as far as to take it all apart to install new seals, don't cut corners now.

Junior SCH Member
    I have no issue buying new bearing races but the surface looks fine on mine. I was just wondering why people use the loctite. Do these pins fail often? Is the loctite a substitute for the pin? Or is the loctite meant to be used in conjunction with the pin?

I think they are supposed to be used in conjunction with one another. I don't know for certain, but I can't see a broken pin as something that is 'normal'.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I can't see a broken pin as something that is 'normal'.
    I completely agree.:)

Senior SCH Member
    The Loctite is NOT required. You want the Belleville washer to put a preload on one of the races. In other words, that race is supposed to "float". An adhesive will prevent this from happening.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPJP View Post
    The Loctite is NOT required. You want the Belleville washer to put a preload on one of the races. In other words, that race is supposed to "float". An adhesive will prevent this from happening.
    Alright, so no loctite and the pin being in the race.

Senior SCH Member
    That is typically what is done (no adhesive)...

Junior SCH Member
    I took it to the machine shop to see if they can get the pin issue corrected. If they can't I will just get new races.