Thread: UPR boostmaster

Junior SCH Member

UPR boostmaster

Has anyone used the UPR ABS boostmaster tube for a paxton sn-92?

87-95 Mustang Plastic ABS Boostmaster Tube

If so, what do you think? How is the quality and fit? Do you have any pics that you can post so i can see what it looks like installed? I would like to save some money over an Anderson Power pipe if possible.

SCH Moderator "SN Guru" speedytang's Avatar
    I have installed it on many supercharger units for customers and I really like it. Fits great and does not hold heat like a steel or aluminum unit. No paint to scratch or look dated after years of engine washes.

Junior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by speedytang View Post
    I have installed it on many supercharger units for customers and I really like it. Fits great and does not hold heat like a steel or aluminum unit. No paint to scratch or look dated after years of engine washes.
    do you have to make the hole for the tube larger? Do you have any pics of it installed?

I used a 5" hole saw to make the hole big enough and then used rubber tubing around the cut to make it look clean and OEM. I will search around but don't think I have pictures.

Junior SCH Member
    What did you have to do to mount the MAS air sensor. Do you modify the existing bracket or make something new?

I never use a bracket, I just clamp it to the pipe. The boots are more than strong enough to support the MAS.

SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1993stanglover View Post
    Has anyone used the UPR ABS boostmaster tube for a paxton sn-92?

87-95 Mustang Plastic ABS Boostmaster Tube

If so, what do you think? How is the quality and fit? Do you have any pics that you can post so i can see what it looks like installed? I would like to save some money over an Anderson Power pipe if possible.
    Thats the same one i just bought for my 87 GT with a paxton SN93..i heard they give you a little boost increase wonder if thats true?

If your air filter and pipe to the 'SN' is restrictive then you will notice a increase in PSI since the supercharger is working harder to get air.

SCH Member
    If your air filter and pipe to the 'SN' is restrictive then you will notice a increase in PSI since the supercharger is working harder to get air.

Well i had the crappy stock airbox they give you from paxton with that plastic according type tube....Plus im buy the outlet tube from Cundan racin the one that goes to the TB they sell one that is bigger..I have a 70mm TB so any little thing should help no?

Junior SCH Member
    Well i have decided to purchase the boostmaster pipe but I have one final question. when it comes to making the hole larger, is the current hole in the right position i just have to make it larger all around, or will the bigger hole be centered in a different place?

Same location just larger.

Junior SCH Member
    Same location just larger.
    Awesome, thanks for the quick reply