Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
SN92 vs NoviGSS

Thread: SN92 vs NoviGSS

Junior SCH Member

Talking SN92 vs NoviGSS

I am new to the SC world, as my thread will show. I have 2 Paxton SC one is an SN92, with what appears to be a six rib serpentine belt setup and a second NoviGSS unit which is setp up for three separate belts.

So..

Which of the two is the newer unit?
    Which of the two would be the better candidate to keep
    What are my options for setup.

I am playing with two possible senarios as I would like to install the unit on a 5.7 sbc. I can either try to go with the 85 setup, which does not use a serpentine setup or I can go with an 88 setup which I can setup up for a serpentine setup.... Which one makes for a better setup.
    The endpoint is to stuff all of this onto a TPI mil that has an A.C., Power steering, and of course alt.... that I hope to in turn stuff into a 1979 datsun 280zx.

P.S. I have mocked up the setup on an engine that I have on a stand, and the results are very intresting and are twisting me around.

I picked up the 88 bracket setup and pulley from Craig Conlley, mouted the unit and installed the SN92.. The belt alignments are off by about 1/4 of an inch between the SC and the tension pulley, not to mention the belt rubs against the waterpump pulley assy.. This is a serpertine setup.

alignment between the SC and crank pully looks good though ?? In this set up I need to chim the tension bracket out. But I still have a problem with rubbing of belt on the waterpump...

I then try the same mounting bracket with the 3 belt NoviGSS, I now have about a 1/4 inch difference between the SC and the tension pulley.. Alignment between the tension pulley and the crank pulley are fine.. It looks like I need to move the SC pulley forward...

This is driving my batty.. Thank you for ANY HELP

Signed newbie

Senior SCH Member pavement pounde's Avatar
    The Novi GSS is the newer supercharger, actually the last balldrive Paxton before the gera driven Novi 1000-2000
    Greets, Marco
    '91 Chevy 496SS, Edelbrock Pro-flo 2 injection, alu. GMPP heads, blowercam, coolmist water injection, turbo in the works.
    *VIDEO* http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZOdXg0TOdw