Thread: anyone ever spray into your sn?

Junior SCH Member

anyone ever spray into your sn?

My 385 sbc build is almost ready to fire but I have 2 questions.

1.) Will the sn92 be a bottle neck for a stroked 350 since it will only flow 750cfm?

2.) My current pulley setup puts my sn at 39k rpm at 4900rpm. I really like the way the boost comes on early in the powerband for everyday driving allthough I need to shift a 5600rpm when Im at the track. Could I shoot a 50 or 75 shot into my intake about 18" before the paxton to cool it and the air charge down to allow me the extra time to get to 5600rpms?

Junior SCH Member
    39k @4900 = 45k @5600. 45K is high, maybe doable with a good external oil cooling system. You will be beyond the efficiency peak of the unit though.

Junior SCH Member
    That is why I wanted to spray it with a small shot to cool the hot air that would be coming out after the recommended 39k rpm.

Junior SCH Member
    I understand that, but IMO you would be best off if you cooled the oil as well. N2O is pretty cold, but won't cool the oil. If you do both I think that would be a big help, plus you want the oil cooled if you want your balls/races to live at that rpm.

Junior SCH Member
    Im going to get the oil cooler eventually and spray a little shot into it. Ive been worried about the heat created over 39k but I didnt consider that my 6rib belt is probally slipping and from what Ive read its usally around 10% after 4500rpm anyway. That eases my mind a little bit.

As for my first Q Ive read a healthy 383 can pull up to 1000cfm naturally aspirated,,,, will the sn92 be hurting me on the top end since it will only push 750cfm ? Thanks for the info:teeth:

Junior SCH Member
    No 383 is pulling 1000cfm at 5600rpm. At 8000rpm+ maybe.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for that info,,, Ive been worried if I could use the sn92 at all. :teeth:

Junior SCH Member
    What do you suppose the chances are that the 40K impeller speed is directly related to the input shaft bearing maximum rated RPM of 10K ? Coincidence?