Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Electric Fan/Radiator Combo - What's The Best Buy that will work with Novi 2000 Setup
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electric Fan/Radiator Combo - What's The Best Buy that will work with Novi 2000 Setup

Question Electric Fan/Radiator Combo - What's The Best Buy that will work with Novi 2000 Setup

I'm getting ready to purchase an Alum Radiator and Electric Fan combo and wanted some opinions on what's the best bang for the buck out there. This needs to work with a Novi 2000 setup w/out clearance problems.

My buddie just had to change out a Black Magic Fan setup because of clearance problems with his S-Trim and I don't want to have the same issues.

TIA!!!

Unhappy Replies

I guess no one has a Fan/Radiator Combo they can recommend? :weird:

The ramchargers fans seem to be the lowest profile and are great for the money. Any RAD should work.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

I like the twin Flex A Lite fans.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Damn Ross, what have ya been up to man???

BTW- to stay on topic, my vote goes for the Ramchargers fan.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Quote Originally Posted by 5150 LX
    Damn Ross, what have ya been up to man???

BTW- to stay on topic, my vote goes for the Ramchargers fan.....
    :shocked: Didn't think anyone would miss me :laugh: I've been busy with work and fiddling with the new PMS and haven't had a lot of time to post.

To stay on topic, I picked up a ramchargers fan a while back because of all the good things I read about them on this site. After looking at the trimming required, I decided to sell it in favor of a #210 dual low profile flex-a-lite setup. That's just my preferrence. The ramchargers piece still seems to be the best bang for the buck.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Lol Ross, I just don't forget too much.......I have no life :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Thanks Guys! Appreciate your comments... I will look into both to figure out what to get. Do you know what CFM those two setups are? Thanks,

Senior SCH Member
    I run a stock radiator with dual SPAL fans. The fans are kind of expensive, but the stock radiator with these fans seems to cool well and has plenty or clearance.
    Chris
    9.05@152 with a T-Trim on BFG Drag Radials
    NMCA SR6381

Yep using SPAL fans here also, really great fans, lil more expensive. But ya get what you pay for.

I know this thread is a little old but I was wondering if this is the SPAL fans that the two above were refering to: http://www.slickcar.com/productdetai...?ProductID=124

Thanks

I ended up going with the Perma Cool Fans at Summit Racing! They are rated at 1650 cfm each ($90/ea) for the 12" Fans and I'm running two of them (3300 CFM) with the Granatelli Alum Radiator. Major airflow... Fits good with the Novi 2000 though.

any pics?
    89 GT TFS Heads Systemax Intake
    TFS 2 cam 3:55s Novi 2000 42#ers
    466hp / 409 torque ;)
    10.58 @ 121 mph

I'll take some this week and post them for you!

Red face Perma Cool Fans & Alum Radiator

Here are the pictures of the Perma Cool Fans installed with the Granatelli Alum Radiator. My blower is not on the car cause I'm installing the AFM Power By-pass kit with Vortech Mondo bypass valve. It gives you the idea though. :happy:

Last edited by MaYHeM; 04-26-2005 at 09:56 AM.