Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Electric cooling fan

Thread: Electric cooling fan

Senior SCH Member

Electric cooling fan

Anyone here use the Mark VIII fan? I've heard it moves a lot of air.

Senior SCH Member
    yeah i WAS using one, it got ruined when my crank broke and smashed the fan motor. the Mk8 fan IS an awesome piece, it cools like crazy, but really cools no better than a properly working clutch fan. i am using my old fan clutch as i havnt gotten a new Mk8 and the clutch fan works awesome and doesnt appear to have sucked any more power up.
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Junior SCH Member
    I disagree. The Mark VIII fan pulls A LOT more air, espically at idle and low speed where you need it the most. The Mark VIII pulls 4000-4500cfm's depending on what year you get. From all my research it is the highest cfm fan you can buy. It is an 18" fan.

The only draw back is that you need a large alternator to run it.

Do a search on the internet. There are a few good articles on what needs to be done to install it.

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by underpsi68
    I disagree. The Mark VIII fan pulls A LOT more air, espically at idle and low speed where you need it the most. The Mark VIII pulls 4000-4500cfm's depending on what year you get. From all my research it is the highest cfm fan you can buy. It is an 18" fan.

The only draw back is that you need a large alternator to run it.

Do a search on the internet. There are a few good articles on what needs to be done to install it.
    i am in no way knocking the Mk8 fan, im a huge FAN of them(LOL pun intended) i just havnt had the chance to replace mine yet, when i do pick a new Mk8 fan ill be controlling it with a DC Control
    Scott
    1989 Saleen #492 Vortech S-trim, TFS TW heads, TFS Stage1 cam, Holley U/L, SD #55 injectors, PMS tuned

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Senior SCH Member
    Whats a DC control?

SCH Member
    http://www.dccontrol.com/index.htm

From the website:

Our complete fan controller kit (FK-35) utilizes the variable output controller, low mass temperature probe and wiring loom to provide closed loop variable speed control of virtually any automotive cooling fan (up to 35Amps continuous). A similar kit (WP-35) is used to control both a fan and electric waterpump. The system is fully compatible with OBDII systems. $109.95 more

They also have a 60Amp kit
    86 Capri 331ci 185AFR's Holley Systemax intake S-trim TKO 9" rear 245/50/16 Nitto

513rwhp/493rwtq on pump gas. More to come in 05!

Headed for the 10's fully loaded on a radial.

Senior SCH Member
    Do you know what year of Mark VIII is the best?

Senior SCH Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex
    Do you know what year of Mark VIII is the best?
    it is my understanding that the early model Mk8 are the more desireable fan, the 93-95 flow a bit more, the later model flow slightly less due to a blade change to quiet down the fan noise a bit. i personally couldnt tell a difference, i used a 97 model and a 93 and couldnt tell a difference.
    Scott

510RWHP/482RWTQ
    11.75@127 on Nitto DR's

Alex, I've got one I'll sell ya $50.00 plus shipping. Its in perfect shape.
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous