Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_postbit.php on line 1033

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Methanol injection?

Thread: Methanol injection?

SCH Member

Methanol injection?

Anyone here run it? Or know anything about it? There's a GP on corral for the kits from snow performance. I'm considering it, but I'm a little scared of how to tune it. I'd almost feel safer just spraying nitrous in there. I have plenty of nitrous experience.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

There was a big article on the Snow Performance kit in last months MMFF. I do the powder coating for Matt Snow's line of Rigid Chassis Bracing. From what I have seen on Matts car and other customers, the Methanol/Water injection works. I believe Matts personal car picked up 108 hp.. but he is running big boost. I believe the kit is safer than nitrous and not too difficult to tune. Give Matt a call, he has great customer service and will explain the workings of his products to you in detail. The # is 719-271-5644 or www.snowperformance.net
    1988 5.0 Mustang,, 3" flair body kit, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, 347 FRPP Forged Stroker, Vortech V2 S-Trim SQ, FPS 200cc Alum Heads, Comp Blower Cam, G-Force T-5, Anderson Clutch,,, ect ect ect

POWDER & CERAMIC COATING - www.pristinepc.com
    SUPERCHARGER BELT TENSIONERS- www.elkperformance.com

I wanna get my kicks before the whole $hithouse goes up in flames -

ho much is the group purchase price?
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Senior SCH Member
    I am running Snow Performance stage 2 kit and it works very well. Tuning the kit is a breeze, it is allexplained and their website www.snowperformance.net
    A-4 BASED 321, BILLET CRANK AND RODS, RENEGADE NOVI 2000, C4......

blown5oh
    Brad, how often are you refilling the system and how much is it running you?

Senior SCH Member
    Well it all depends on how large of a jet you are running. I am personally running a larger jet i cant remember the exact size but i run 10 psi and have the cooler come on at 3 psi and reach full strength at 5 psi. I have to fill the jug about 2 times per tank of gas but i run the car very hard every day. It doesnt cost me very much methanol around here is like $1.75 per gallon and i mix it it gallon jugs 50/50 with water so i use about a half gallon of methanol per every half tank of gas. So really it is very cheap. Good bang for the buck.

This will be one of my future mods as well, I need all the help I can get with the "little" Novi :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Junior SCH Member
    hey guys i was wondering about this methanol and is there different grades that are out there, reason being i work at a terminal and we have tanks on site that we load ships with. if so i have a vast supply of this on hand. like i was saying just curious to see if not i'll check when i go back to work.

Senior SCH Member
    No, their is only one form of methanol.

Senior SCH Member
    so whats the GP price on the kit? im seriously interested

Scott

blown5oh
    I hear that some people use a windshield washer/h2o blend and it does the same thing. Is this true?

From their website:

"Can I use windshield washer fluid?

Although most contain some glycol and detergent, most windshield washer fluids are up to 50% alcohol (methanol, ethanol, isopropanol) and make an excellent Boost Cooler®. Try to find one that indicates "contains methanol". "
    Eric

1990 Mustang GT
    9.20 @151.18

Check out this forum for AOD's/C4's: Click Click Racing Forums
    My Homepage

Junior SCH Member
    You will make more power running pump gas and meth and then upping the boost than you would by spraying on pump gas, without a doubt.
    1993 Mustang Saleen Clone
    Dart Block 352", 225CC TFS-R Heads, TFS Box Intake, YSi-Trim, Griffin Air-to-Air Intercooler, Cammotion Solid Roller, AEM EMS, Kooks Headers, Tremec TKO

SCH Member
    Sorry it took me so long to get back. The discount's were 15% off their listed price. You have to answer by July 12th.
    1991 LX hatch AOD - Dart block, 3.25" crank, H-beams, Ross pistons, Novi 2k, TW heads, Performer RPM, 75mm TB, 80mm MAF, Bennett cam, 60lb inj., AFM Powerpipe, Kooks LTs, Snow Performance methanol/water injection, enough fuel for the Space Shuttle Discovery

Old Combo - 148k mile stock bottom end, P&P E7s, AOD, NX wet kit
    428.3rwhp 566.7 rwtq

Whoever said money can't buy happiness never had a wife with breast implants. ;)

Why not run PROPANE instead?

You can find details on this a www.turbobuick.com on their posting board.
    Rice cars really do suck...

"He who lives longest with all the toys wins... the rest of you are wannabe's"

http://www.turbogm.com/Videos/Grand_Nation...onal/buick.mpeg