Thread: what to get

Junior SCH Member

what to get

I have a 91 mustang 5.0 that is loud as hell,and i want to get the vortech v1 sc with a new pulley set up and bypass valve.but is it worth it to get the blower that is quieter,or the one that screams like hell. because my motor is so loud any way,I dont know that I want to increase the attention to my self or since it is so loud any way does it really matter. I ask this because I get pooled over enough as it is for nothing.and I add i have never had a ticket in my life.

whats yall's opions on this.

Banned by Admin
    You might have a hard time finding a V-1 S-trim, I think Vortech stopped making them, and now only make the V-2 SQ (super quiet) in the S-trim. I was lucky when I bought mine last Aug. Good luck.

is it your exhaust that is loud ? a superchargers gear whine will not get you a ticket or make your car any louder.driving 100 mph in a 35 will.you don't need a loud exhaust to make power.you can try to quiet down your car a little, this way at least they won't hear you coming.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.

Senior SCH Member
    Vortech still sells the V-1 "S" w/their ho kit.86-93(and some others).I have 2 in stock at the moment..None of the sc's that i know of w/override very loud eng/exhaust noise.and once u come off idle most of the noise goes away anyway, except for a small whistle...

Senior SCH Member
    Originally posted by WOHORSY
    is it your exhaust that is loud ? a superchargers gear whine will not get you a ticket or make your car any louder.driving 100 mph in a 35 will.you don't need a loud exhaust to make power.you can try to quiet down your car a little, this way at least they won't hear you coming.
    adding a SC will make your exhaust note louder. not as much at idle (my car did actually sound healthier with the sc at idle) but definitely louder when your driving.

Junior SCH Member
    i have 2 chamber flowmasters and a v1 s-trim and the cops don't haven't stopped me yet, just have to drive with some common sense. old county roads make great places to do holeshots
    92 lx convertable s-trim,brodix st50 heads,trick flow street intake, aod with shift kit and 3000 stall converter,and some 4.10s in the back

Junior SCH Member

its not the exhaust

its not the exhaust that is so loud though its not quiet be any means.it is the motor its self.but i did wonder if the blower would make the exhaust get louder or not so now I know thanks.im pretty new to the blower thing but I have learned alot in the last few weeks.does any one else who has a 5.0 have trouble getting poeple to race you.corvettes wont because they think they can beat god him self in a race,and lets face it im tired of every bone stock gt wanting to race which is another reason I want a blower for that easy beating in hand with out having to purge every time you want to go very fast just for the hell of it.

thanks guys kyle