Thread: Boost gauge question

Junior SCH Member

Boost gauge question

I am getting ready to order my boost gauge and I noticed they make both a 20psi and a 30psi gauge. I will only be running about 12-15psi and will probably never go much higher. However I read that you want the normal operating range of a gauge to be in the middle, so anyways which gauge should I go with.

Thanks.
    91 LX coupe 5L 5spd, Trickflow heads ported, stage 1 cam, BBK Lt's, all the bolt on's on 255/50/16 BFG DR's

Ofcourse a S-trim #14

RWHP 449.9 RWTQ438 10PSI untunned
    12.03@123.94 (80^ 80%H)

Junior SCH Member
    i have a autometer sport comp mechanical vac/boost gauge, it only goes to 20# of boost. i have been happy with it ,i also plan on running that same amount of boost in the future, i didn't think about a 30# boost gauge being better at those levels of boost.
    92 lx convertable s-trim,brodix st50 heads,trick flow street intake, aod with shift kit and 3000 stall converter,and some 4.10s in the back

Personally if I where you I would go with the 20 myself if I where you, JMO...

I have a 20 and it works just fine, no reason to get a 30 unless you’re really going to need it.

C U L8R,
    Kyle
    NMRA M/M9

i also run a vac/boost gauge combo.i went with the 20 psi gauge.the graduations on the gauge are bigger and are a little easier to read under hard acceleration.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.