Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
ive been dying to ask this

Thread: ive been dying to ask this

ive been dying to ask this

my internet has been down for a week, arghhh, anywayz...

finnally i got my kit installed and holy **** it runs hard. what i need to ask is anyone experienceing fan noise? this is on my 93 cobra which is totally stock except for a novi 1000. it is apparent that the fan being in close proximity to the crank pulley is creating a loud noise when the car is first started. it is not a whipping, windy noise like youd expect. it is a lower toned humming noise, like a fuel pump thats about to go out. it goes away when the car warms up. i figgure its caused by having the smaller cobra water pulley so the fan is spinning faster. but i want this noise to go away for good because its not very cool and sounds like my car is broken. any suggestions, ideas, opinions are appreciated, thanks.

ps - sorry i am typing in all lower case but i recently spilled beer on my keyboard, damaging some of the keys :spit:
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Time for a good electic fan brother. Free horsepower. Ok well it's not really free but it sort of is. Once you get that noisy antique fan system out of your car you will hear all sorts of freaky noises under you engine compartment that the fan you have now masks.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

that fan is cavatating air in the crank pully. Probably the noise you hear.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

what i really want to know though is this happening with stock GTs. cuse if it is then i will slow down the fan by swapping water pump pulleys with the one on my bronco, but i will need to buy a new belt

thanks for the replys so far :)
    93 Cobra - NOVI 1000 new style, Walbro GSS340, 130AMP alt, Griffin radiator, Mercury Sable fan + Delta Controller, Bassani offroad X, Magnaflow with 3" tailpipes, Tokico Illuminas, FRPP driveshaft, 3.55s, Nitto 555s (extremes up front and drags out back), Ultralite boost and EFP gauges

91 bigass Bronco 4X4, to crush ricers with

Junior SCH Member
    might be a fan clutch problem.....

best solution is to get an electric fan :)