Thread: Novi virgin,HELP

Junior SCH Member

Novi virgin,HELP

I have pretty much made up my mind to get the Novi 2000.I have a 92 LX that I will dropping a 306 in,GT-40 heads,Cobra intake and some of the normal other things.My questions are will my stock computer work ok with a new chip?Why type of chip should I be looking for?I understand I will have roughly 300 hp at the back tires with the setp up now,I want at least 400 hp at the back tires.Novi 2000 without a doubt as far a Paxton goes!What size injectors?Air mixture and all those things get me loco.I dont know alot about the hands on things,but I do know what I want.I have a good friend that is helping me,well basically doing it all.Any input would be greatly appreciated and advice.Thanks guys and gals.

Junior SCH Member
    I would get you car tuned and a chip burnt ant the same time.

What size is your fuel pump? (At least a 190)

What size are your current injectors?

Do you have a fuel pressure regulator? (A MUST)

Do you have a msd or something else? (A MUST)

As for injectors, if you only want 400 or 450 hp then 36 or 38 will work. But if you are wanting more later then go with 42's. Now you can run it with out some of the stuff above but I like to be safe then SORRY you know.

Junior SCH Member
    Novi347,I think my current injectors are 19lbs,stock.I know I have to go up in injecotrs.I have heard 32 and 42.I have an msd ready to go.The other things you asked me about,are they included in the kit?I dont think I will want to go more than 450 hp tops.If so,I will do a stroker and keep the Novi on it.Thats way off anyway.The fuel pump I BELIEVE is included in the kit.Thanks for the help,any more would be absorbed.

Junior SCH Member
    I have a set of 36lb and a 75 pro m for 300 if you are interested.
    I dont think the fuel pressure reg is included. You should get a boost sensitive one. They are 100 or so. I dont know if they have a fuel pump in the kit, you should check on it.

In the Novi 2000 kit, you will get a 190 lph pump(but no regulator), but I'd go for the 255 lph pump in case you chose to up the power later on. You can use an adjustable fuel pressure regulator, but don't have to(I don't, but I run 50lb injectors). An ignition would be a good thing to look into. My car didn't need one(just a coil). Your car should run alright without the chip, but deffinately get one. I've got a custom burnt autologic chip.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks guys,keep it coming.Novi 347,I am going to stick with the 65mm tb.I have heard the 255 pump is best suited.

Junior SCH Member
    For what its worth.....on my OLD set up I had 10lbs of boost with a intercooled procharger.AFR165s and custom cam from Ed Curtis.Holley intake
    I ran 42s with a 255 intank and a 255 in line NO FMU......I had a chip done by Ford chips (Jerry W) and it made 473 rwhp and 440 torque

I would get 42s go with the 2 fuel pumps and a chip to make it more drivable and safe.
    Ed

Junior SCH Member
    Thank you very much fullychargedgt