Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
V2 upgrade questions...

Thread: V2 upgrade questions...

SCH Member

V2 upgrade questions...

Well ive been thinking of getting my V1 upgraded to a V2..
    What all do they change? Impeller, gears?
    The screetchingly loud noise of my V1 is getting pretty anoying lately.. Not sure if its the bearings or gears or what, but my backup V1 isnt as loud as the V1 im currently running. Only problem is my current V1, i took hours to polish it all out, and it matches my engine bay well, so i dont want to have to put my backup satin V1 in just to keep things semi quiet.

My question is, what does this upgrade cost? Will they give me any shi* about the used condition of my current V1?
    Will they not repair, or work on it, if ive sanded off the blue vortech badge? ( its still there, and the serial #'s are visable, but its smooth and shiny now, insted of light blue colored)
    I would just like to quiet this loud *** blower down, so i dont have to feel embarassed at red lights, from all the noise.

thanks
    Vibrant Red 94GT

I forget how much they charge for the upgrade,, go to the website and I believe they have prices and info on the upgrade,,, I know they change the impeller and you get new bearings,, but Im not sure about the gears,,, As long as your SC is not totally shot (like my A trim was) and blown up,, there should be no issue with the ability for them to do the upgrade,, if its on the car and producing good boost,, but just a little noisy, sounds like it is fine for the upgrade,, and there should be not issue regarding the polished badge,, you are not looking for any warranty work,, so it should not matter,,, Bee

SCH Member
    thanks, yea i just wasnt so sure about the badge being smoothed over, and the condition.. No, its beyond any warranty, so thats not it.. Il check out there site for info
    Vibrant Red 94GT

Senior SCH Member
    can't up grade v-1 to a v-2..can only exchange.better $wise to sell v-1 and buy a v-2 head unit outright...all brkts etc are same...

Junior SCH Member
    Just curious why changing the impeller from a V1 to a V2 is considered an upgrade. From what I have heard, the V2 impeller is less efficient.

Jerome
    96 Cobra
    Rebuilt Motor
    Vortech S Trim with 3.12" pulley
    Full Saleen Body Kit
    Few other things...
    SAE Corrected 510rwhp 446rwt
    11.926 ET @119.88 mph 1.978 60FT

Senior SCH Member
    from what i understand. the v1 and v2 are basicly the same, except the gears are cut different.

Senior SCH Member
    v-2 has a higher step up ratio, so if you use a smaller pulley you might see a little more boost
    --
    93 GT

SCH Member
    thanks guys.. i think il keep things the same.
    Just wish it wasnt so damn sqeaky loud at idle.
    I guess theres no way to quiet it down, is there?
    Vibrant Red 94GT

I don't think there is,, they just seem to get louder,,, When I installed my first A-Trim back in 1990 (it was # 231 off Vortechs assembly line), and I was tuning my car,, the SC was so winey that the pitch of the SC preforated my eardrum and it began to bleed,,,, you should have seen the puzzled look on the ear doctors face when I explained to him how it happened,,,, Bee

SCH Member
    damn, thats pretty bad when your blower bust your ear drum..
    This is one reason i want to get rid of it, that and the fact that it cuases so much extra stress on the crank, bearings, balancer, and entire engine is bogged down 15% from pulling the blower along.. Im debating selling my s-trim setup, and extra s-trim headunit to fund a single turbo setup.
    Vibrant Red 94GT