Thread: I've been kicked in the nuts...

I've been kicked in the nuts...

After owning my GT for the past 3 years, I'm going to have to sell her. I'm in the market for a home and have found one that I absolutely LOVE but unfortunately, I'm going to have to sell my baby and put that $$ toward the down payment.

The house is amazing. Excellent school district, hard wood floors, HUGE basement, new interior paint, new roof, new furnace, updated electric, quiet neighborhood, and a SWEET 2 car detached garage that has a TON of potential to be somewhat of a sanctuary for cars :)

It just sucks that I have to sell my Stang to purchase it. I don't even care about how much $$ I have in the car, it's all those long nights, all the blood, all the cursing, and all the sweat that makes it very very special to me.

Sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do, you know? Just thought I'd vent my sorrow with everyone. I'm off to drink a few cold ones for "therapy".
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Senior SCH Member
    Don't do it! Work overtime or something, sell you tv, sell your computer(s), anything to avoid selling the stang!

Dan find a loan that requires no down. Or just knock over an armored truck.:)

Good luck in you endeavors if you have to sell her.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    Just think how hard it will be to get another stang the way you want it. Man i would do just about anything to avoid selling. The car has more of my time in it than most relationships. I don't want to divorce my biotch!
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

damn money trees never bloom when ya need 'em, must not be in season!..........not sure if this is your 1st house or not, but if you go with a FHA loan, 1st time buyers get the majority of closing costs covered, funded by the govt...... good luck with everything!

Originally posted by mygt8a4re
    damn money trees never bloom when ya need 'em, must not be in season!..........not sure if this is your 1st house or not, but if you go with a FHA loan, 1st time buyers get the majority of closing costs covered, funded by the govt...... good luck with everything!
    Yes, this will be my first house. The problem with getting loan approval is that last year I was going through a bunch of personal crap and I only worked 30 hour weeks for most of the year. That doesn't look good. They can't go by what I'll make this year but it's almost double what I made last year. To make up for the low income last year, I'm required to have a larger down payment which means "toys" have to go.

I'd love to keep the Stang. I bought it when it was BONE stock and pretty much built it up the way I wanted. The best part? It only has 66k original miles on it. Never been wrecked or in the rain. Hell, the back seats have been sat in ONCE in the last 3 years!!

I'm still shopping around for loans so who knows, maybe I'll find something that will let me keep her. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...
    ~Dan
    2001 SVT Lightning: Flowmaster exhaust and mystery traction bars

89' GT : Waiting for a buyer

Senior SCH Member
    hey dan i was in the same boat. all i had to do was write the mortgage company a note and explain why i didnt make as much as the previous years. no problems at all

i will say that the FHA loans are a pain in the *** to deal with, or at least they were for me. they wanted to know about everything. if you have sold any parts on the internet and deposited the money you better have receipts!

anyways i ended up selling my stang anyways so i could pay off my truck in order to keep it but now less then a year later i have an even better mustang to replace it. it all works out in the end

sincerest regards friend. at the least if you do sell it = worst case scenario... at least find a good home for it. i am sure it will miss you. hey at least you will have a lot of insights for your next purchase if that is what happens. once again a moment of silence for your beloved car. . . . . now drink alot and try to forget...:( hope it works. goodluck
    93 black gt

Maybe you could find a friend that would take for a few years until you could buy it back...for a few hundred more maybe? I don't know, that would be best case in my book.
    I know how you feel...sorta. I've let a few go that I swore I would keep forever, of course only to move up to another car, certainly not a house. Good luck!

Eric
    '91 Mustang GT/Saleen/Cobra R mut
    Novi 1000, GT-40X heads, GT-40 u/l intake, E-cam, 1.72 rr's, yadda yadda... and many other pointless-to-list mods.
    440 rwhp
    430 rwtq
    Pics (yes it actually works now, I'm slowly updating links for new server)