Thread: Track #'s

Senior SCH Member

Track #'s

So I went to the track for the first time with this combo and the first time with so much power. I ran 13.2.......@ 118. It was so funny. I spun trough first, second, and part of third at higher rpm's. I just couldn't get anything to the ground until partially 3rd and all of 4th. Oh this is on street tires by the way. So If I was to get drag radials, my time would obviously be lower but how much more will my MPH go up?

Ray

the one bad thing about strapping on a supercharger is that it bacically makes street tires useless at the track, unless you like skating through the 1/4 mile. at 118 your looking at low 12's, possibly high 11's with suspension upgrades.with drag tires you will pick up some mph.tire diameter will also affect your mph.i've tried many slicks, (bfg,firestone,hoosier) but i really like the m/t's.they stay pretty consistent and last my entire racing season.
    306 DSS, S-TRIM W/RENEGADE PULLIES, EXTRUDE HONED LOWER GT40, FULLY PORTED AND LOC WIRED GT40 HEADS, PERMANENT 10 INCH SLICKS.