Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

How can I make Paxton stand by poor quality parts? PICS within, PLEASE READ

Thread: How can I make Paxton stand by poor quality parts? PICS within, PLEASE READ

How can I make Paxton stand by poor quality parts? PICS within, PLEASE READ

Edit: I love Paxton. They are the coolest. :) Refer to Corral.net Supercharged forum for original thread.

Carry on... :) :D ;)

-Eric

'91 Mustang GT/Saleen/Cobra R mut
    Novi 1000, GT-40X heads, GT-40 u/l intake, E-cam, 1.72 rr's, yadda yadda... and many other pointless-to-list mods.
    440 rwhp
    430 rwtq
    Pics (yes it actually works now, I'm slowly updating links for new server)

Try dropping kelly @ Paxton an e-mail, he does respond fairly quickly considering the volumn of e-mails I imagine he's blasted with.

Here's his e-mail: kherring@paxtonauto.com

Don't really know what else to suggest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Oh if you do have to fork out cash for a new one, look into the pieces from the Novi 2k, try a search on here. I think someone has outlined this procedure & provided the part #'s.
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

1 - NOVIPOWER.COM is in no way affiliated, supported, endorsed or otherwise by any supercharger manufacturer.

2 - The posts found within this site are the opinions of the authors and do not represent any opinion by any supercharger manufacturer, or the staff of this site.

3 - Any posts complaining about any manufacturer will be removed immediately. Bad mouthing any company or person will not be tolerated. Please keep in mind this is an all ages site.

Please reread #3 and edit your post. While everyone feels for you, Novipower cannot allow anyone to complain about any manufacturer.
    Thank You
    Doug

Here's the link: http://www.novipower.com/forums/show...ighlight=arbor

If ya need more info, drop Goliath a pm.

That's exactly what I needed to read... long but worth every second. I hate it when I'm told I'm wrong and they know it's a lie. :( Now I've just got to find a way to not fold and have to pay for this... I'll PM Goliath and see what else he can tell me.
    Thanks!

-Eric

Senior SCH Member
    mine was starting to hang up when i was adjusting it. i took some never-seize and applied it to the threads and where it slides up/down on the plate. this helped out alot.

Junior SCH Member

Re: How can I make Paxton stand by poor quality parts? PICS within, PLEASE READ

Originally posted by ersunl
    Edit: I love Paxton. They are the coolest. :) Refer to Corral.net Supercharged forum for original thread.

Carry on... :) :D ;)

-Eric
    if you had applied anti-seize to all the parts that have metal to metal contact, you would not have had this problem... i wrote a detailed instruction thread on how to tension your belt.. this is NOT the manufactures fault

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    i don't believe it was not the manufacturers fault. Why is the N2K equipped with a better piece? I used anti seize on mine and it stripped out, because the length of the arbor stud wasn't suffice for the job. That had nothing to do with mechanical ablility, just poor part selection to add into a kit. Now that i have the longer arbor, no problems at all, many belt adjustments.
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

SCH Member
    The same thing happened with mine with anti sieze, so hold the train there Bubba.

When Paxton sent me the kit the threads on the screws themselves did not match up correctly with the arbor...

Just call Kelly, it's covered under warranty. He will overnight it to you.

No big deal. The new one is on, and it threaded much more easily.
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB

I think one of the reasons I have never had any problems with mine is I recut the threads on mine right out of the box with a sharp tap and die.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

Re: Re: How can I make Paxton stand by poor quality parts? PICS within, PLEASE READ

Originally posted by gnklr50
    if you had applied anti-seize to all the parts that have metal to metal contact, you would not have had this problem... i wrote a detailed instruction thread on how to tension your belt.. this is NOT the manufactures fault
    LOL...okay

And IF I had invested in Microsoft when they went public I'd be a millionaire!!!

And I suppose Paxton included your thread in their instruction manual for all customers to see??? They never mention any anti-seize is needed... anywhere... ever. I don't believe customers are required to read NoviPower.com before tensioning their belt... that may just take care of that liability though, you're absolutely correct. :) Sorry, just bustin' your balls a bit.

I can't talk about details here, but you're welcome to do a search in the Corral superchargers forum to see exactly how little (read: normal use) it took to make this happen. Up and down a couple times, and seized up, no overtightening or unreasonable tensioning.

Kelly is definitely getting a call first thing in the morning... er... afternoon. ;)

-Eric

Originally posted by notchlx
    ...it's covered under warranty.
    ??? I was told otherwise by the people I first talked to a few days ago.

Nothing gets my blood boiling faster than people lying to my face. Hopefully they just didn't know. Nothing will lose customers faster than dishonesty. Hopefully they were just mistaken, it is covered afterall, and all will be well. :)

SCH Member
    Hummm???

I didn't pay for mine. I told them what a shi**y machine job was done on the threads, and I had my new one in 2 days.

There were a lot of things wrong with my kit though. I got one of the first 4.7 kits to come out, and I ran into several issues during the install.

Maybe I just called on a day when they felt giving? BUT.... When you pay the kind of money you pay for top quality worksmanship, and you don't get it, they need to make it better.
    >>>>>>2000 SLT Dakota 4.7
    >>>>>>>>>Paxton Powered
    >>>>>>>>>>>13.3 @ 102mph

mods: Novi-1000, True Duals, Ported stock TB

RECUT THE THREADS if and when you get a new one. Then put some anti seize on there. You will not have any further problems.
    I will also say that yes it is the manufacturers fault. No company should send something out in a kit that binds up before it's even assembled. Thats how mine was. I didn't install it until I made it work by hand.

If mine does ever break I will be making my own parts.
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).