Thread: no boost?

Senior SCH Member

no boost?

Hey guys, thanks for the help installing my novi 1000. Everything looks good, the car runs like it did before the blower, driveability is there, no leaks, but there is no power, well not very much thats for sure. I am only seeing like 2psi through all the gears all the way to redline, I double checked everything, even took it to a speed shop, the guy looked at it briefly and said everything looks good. I am running this kit on a stock car, bone stock so maybe I need to upgrade something? Thanks for the help.

Have you removed the hose going from the throttle body to the oil fill neck?
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

it really sounds like the boost has to be going somewhere.
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Senior SCH Member
    hey guys, yeah I did plug the throttle body and run the line from the oil fill neck to the air box, I had a speed shop look over the install. Where would the boost be going, how do I know if my head unit is screwed, would a lean condition or rich condition prevent me from making boost? The car is all stock, and the plugs are gapped to 35thou.

Where do you have the boost guage hooked up? A rich or lean condition shouldn't affect boost...boost can affect the fuel situation though. The boost is going somewhere.
    -Ross

88 GT - Novi'd 302
    98 Cobra - N/A 281

Quote Originally Posted by Doug
    Of course we are talking about real boost from a Novi2K :D

Senior SCH Member
    I have my autometer boost guage hooked up on the vacuum tree, I know a few other people with blowers and thats also where they hooked their guages up to. How do I know if my blower is producing proper boost?

Senior SCH Member
    hey guys, I reclocked my blower to get even a better line up with my throttle body and my boost finally showed up, I make almost 5psi at like 5500rpm, at 3000 to 4500 it is like 2-3, then around 5000 it climbs up almost to 5, what boost is everybody else making with this blower?