Thread: Novi 2000 Bracket Problem

Junior SCH Member

Novi 2000 Bracket Problem

Who can help?!?!?!....I have a 1990 GT that have Tfs High ports, and a Victor 5.0 Intake....I just installed the novi 2K and The I actuall Blower sitting on the bracket tilted.. I tried to space the blower back and that did not help..... It is a Cog set up by the way.......I see some people bolt a strap to the blower and run it to the shock tower?...any help out there (the cog set up is a 32 tooth blower, 73 Crank)...and Does any one have a similar Cog set-up that can help me out with finding a belt?.....I have searched High and Low....:bonk:

can you get pics of it sitting tilted? Trying to picture the problem. Is the top of the blower tilted towards the radiator or something or backward? If no one on here can get you the belt length, call up ASP, they could give you a close guess. I used to have a 73/31 cog setup but I never measured the belt that came with the set when I bought it.

Junior SCH Member

Do they make a brace

Does anyone know if they make a brace (strap) that Goes from the the blower to the shock tower?...does anyone manufacture that......I was thinking I could shift the blower and pull it back with one of those....

Not sure how the blower is tilted, make sure you have installed everything correctly. Something doesn't sound right if you are trying to bend the head unit into place. No one makes a brace that goes from the strut tower to the head unit for the Novi 2000. There are some people who have them but they have custom made them. If you got pictures somehow, we could easily help you come up with a remedy. Something doesn't sound right though.

Junior SCH Member
    Well...I seem to have the blower back to where it should be but the belt still acts as if it wants to come off the blower and crank pulley....and thats how I ate up the last belt!....(rubbing on the tensoner pulley)...did you have this problem....the belt wanting to ride in the front of the pulley?...I thought it was because the blower was not sitting right....(and o-ya I took of the head unit and found that I had forgot a bolt).....Nothing works..what do you think?!?!?....I will try to get you pics of it tomorrow....see if you can make heads or tails of it...

so is the blower pulley more or less just not aligned at this point? Go to a hardware store and get some spacers. Get a straight edge and put it against the blower/idler/crank pulleys and see which ones are off.

Junior SCH Member

Picture

See how this comes out
    Attached Images Attached Images

It definitely looks like the blower pulley needs to moved closer to the head unit (in this picture, closer to the right). Is the end of the blower pulley aimed down, basically wanting the belt to slide toward the radiator? Can you get one more picture from the other end so we can see if the blower pulley sits level? The others look fine.

Junior SCH Member
    I will get one tomorrow...my digital camara died....When I spaced the blower back it wants to sit farther up on the crank....and if you look at the pic you can see what happens to a belt when it rubs on the tensoner with 18 pounds of boost!....do you have that cog drive that has the lips (so the belt does not shoot off?).... I was looking at your pics of the 2k set up...they look really cool....the Pasenger mount....did you have any problems with that (instalition or belt slipping wise)?...and that 50 mm cog set up?...do you still have it or is it on your car?......do you have any cog set-ups for sale?....

FYI Tried to PM and your box is full.....

ya sorry I got a message saying it was full. The lips on the side of the cog belt so I've been told are referred to as gated. When I had asp make the pulleys I specified for them to make a gated crank pulley. Unfortunately I already sold off my other kit, but it looks just like yours. They have gated blower pulleys also. The 50mm setup I have on my car hasn't been run yet. I can't really see the blower pulley that well in the pic, but the belt should stay in the same spot on your crank and idler pulleys, just move the blower pulley further to the left or toward the head unit. Take out the spacers if you have any in there. If pulling it closer to the head unit makes it to where the belt starts losing contact with the pulley, I would call up RCD Engineering and just get a larger blower pulley like the one I have in the pictures. It would be more then enough space for the 35mm belt to move forward or backward a lil to line up correctly. But if the belt is leaning off the blower pulley because the head unit is tilted which I can't tell in the pic then it will constantly throw belts until you can get the face of the head unit to sit flush with the bracket.

Junior SCH Member
    Dude your missing half of your bracket....

Junior SCH Member
    huh?.......here is the other view....what bracket am I Missing?....
    Attached Images Attached Images