Thread: Intercooler Question - HELP

Junior SCH Member

Intercooler Question - HELP

What is the best way to install an Intercooler for the NOVI 2000 in a ´95 GT ?

What would you recommend ?

Also if anyone has pictures of an installation like this it would great to see them. You can email them to me at einarkm@simnet.is if possible.

Thanks,

EKM
    1995 Ford Mustang GT, NOVI 2000 Supercharged - 1987 Ford Mustang LX 5.0 Nitrous Assisted

Drop Ian a pm or e-mail, he may be able to help ya out. He just got thru putting in a Procharger intercooler. Not a Paxton unit but I'm sure that much will apply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

You'd have the best chances with the vortec aftercooler if you ask me.

I've considered an air to air intercooler for my fox, but decided that I would have to get a volute for my novi that had a straight discharge instead of the 90 degree job thats on there now. This way I could clock the blower and have the discharge shot straight down. Then I would buy an intercooler with the inlet and outlet on the passenger side of the car. The discharge of the intercooler would then come up through the fender and cross over the top of your power pipe on it's way up to the t-body. You could even consider running a blow through mass air meter setup. I wish I had money to blow, because I would be all over this. I don't think it would be to hard if you could build the tubing yourself. Hell, you could probably pic up the volute for somthing like 100 bucks.

Total cost of the kit would lie mainly with the volute, and the intercooler.

Seems to me that paxton would have already developed somthing like this if they gave product development any thought at all.

Hmm, maybe I should look into the cost of a volute. I'm sure I could pic up some sort of intercooler for pretty cheap. Ideas ideas. I've got some down time for the blower too. Hmmm?
    anyone wana help me find some good prices?

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Intercooler cheap?? If that was the case then every smuck with a blower would have one. Are they overpriced for what they actually are?? Hell yes!! But then again what performance part isn't that produces good results??
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....

I'm talking about finding somthing and making it work Sean, like a power stroke ic or somthing similar. I would just have to be a unit with the inlet and discharge on the same side.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

I've run across rumors of the powerstroke working, not sure if the inlet/outlet are same side though.

Basically you are looking to do a junk yard intercooler set-up. Can it be done, I say yes!! But to do so cost effectively I'd say that you would have to be able to fab up a fair amount of the "piping" yourself. I think that would cost more than the intercooler core itself.

The pipes are no issue. I think the tuffest thing would be finding an intercooler that would work. Maybe if I could find a procharger guy that upgrades to the sheet metal one, then I could just change the inlets to the cooler? Buy the way I have a buddy that is a suave bastard with the welding stuff.

Brandon
    90 strawberry coupe

Suave welding buddy is good to have!! That stuff is an art as far as I am concerned!!

Junior SCH Member
    I have seen pictures of Novi 2000s with intercoolers. One was a passenger side mount straight volute that was aimed down and then went to the intercooler and back up to the plenum. The other was a passenger side straight volute that was aimed just below and in front of where the fresh air inlet would be in the inner fender panel. It was then routed through an intercooler and then up to the spyder intake which had the elbow facing the driver's side. I have pictures of the second setup if anyone is interested.
    '88 LX Coupe, 410 cubic inch FRPP W351 block, TFS-R heads, GT-40 lower, Holcomb Civil Wars upper, Cam Motion solid roller, Paxton Novi 2000 cog drive S/N 5154, Tremec TKO, FRPP EPEC stand alone.

'94 Corvette Coupe, LT1, 6 speed, 13.391 @ 104.41 mph

Junior SCH Member
    Check out www.cartech.net they have a kit for Vortech but can be used on the Novi.
    Speed Kills.... Buy an import, Live forever.

Junior SCH Member
    I was gonna run my 3 core ATI intercooler but I was told that the max was @700hp. I will be over that with @ 25 plus of boost and a little spray
    92 GT,Novi 2000,Nitrous Express, AFR 185 Heads ..etc etc