Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Lucas Injectors

Thread: Lucas Injectors

Junior SCH Member

Lucas Injectors

Is anyone using Lucas injectors? A buddy of mine is looking a getting a set of 38#'ers for his brand-x car. He has calculated needing at least a 35# injector. Is FMS no longer making 36#'ers? I don't see them listed on Ford's website and besides 36#'ers cost more than 42's. He is worried that going to 42's would over-inject. He will be getting a custom program to match whatever injector size he eventually gets.

Thanks,
    jack

Ford stopped with the 36's awhile ago. Too bad as it' was one of the better high flow injectors on the market.

Lucas stuff is very good and would be an excellent choice and the 38's will do the job just fine if that's what he needs. I'm not a big fan of 42's on most street cars as they tend to cause driveability issues because they tend to always be on the fat side at idle unless you can get in there with a chip or other tuning device and mess with the idle settings of the EEC.