Thread: How much can I expect to shave off my E/T with the Novi 1000?

Junior SCH Member

How much can I expect to shave off my E/T with the Novi 1000?

Hi, I'm new here. Steve sent me. :) Anyhow, here's my story.

1989 LX Convertible, AOD, 2.73 gears. First time out with this car it ran a best of 16.03 @ 89 MPH. The car has 16,300 miles right now, and we just bolted on a Novi 1000 with the stock pulley this weekend. I presume this is 5 psi. I'm just wondering what knds of times I can expect next time out (the car is ALL stock, other than the Novi, and removal of the air silencer). Thanks in advance. :)
    Michelle Wingard

1989 LX 'Vert (stock, other than the blower)

1995 GT (carbed 347)

Michelle I went form 14.0s but would have went quicker lol long story to 12.88 the first time out with the novi. I think I went a 12.62 or some damn think with the 6.5" crank pulley.

I may not stop until I get the little novi into the 10.90s
    Steve
    1996 Acura Integra GSR

05 Pissat TDI

99 F250 PSD CC SB 6spd 4x4.....89LX Notch, 429Big Block(Rolling chassis).

michelle, rearend gear is pretty critical with these blowers. If your not happy when you go to the track change to a 3.55 or a 3.73 and i bet you'll be impressed. hey your from ohio........I live in bucyrus........did you go to smackdown this year?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Michelle,
    First of all Welcome!
    With the stock AOD in the car and your 2.73 gears, that thing will be no better than a 14.5 with the stock tires on it. Get some damn gears. By all means do not shift that stock tranny with the 1-2-1 routine or you will break it. I would put some gears in it and do the exhaust. It should run in the 13's when you done.
    Doug(aka dugscpe:D )
    14-1 compression 402ci with a little nitrous

Senior SCH Member
    I will say that you will gain about 6mph and go down to about 14.7.

Junior SCH Member
    Thanks for the welcome! :) First of all, I have a set of 3.73s sitting on the shelf, but I can't get them put in until 7/15. :( In all seriousness, if I could get close to a 14, I'd be happy as hell (until I get into things like heads, intake, etc). I can really feel a BIG difference in how the car runs now. It feels like it picked up quite a bit of power.

Regatta,
    We didn't make Smackdown this year because my 95 GT wasn't done. :( Both cars will be at FFW though. :)
    Michelle Wingard

1995 GT (carbed 347)

Another fellow Corral member has found there way to us, welcome Michelle!! You will be quite pleased with the bang for the buck the 1000 gives.

BTW, how's your business doing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

going to be in canada for fun ford:( just put a C-4 in my car and i should be @ norwalk tommorow to try it out if all goes well. Did you get that tunnel ram working?
    89 Coupe with parts stacked inside of it and about 30#'s of dust on it with no end in sight. :weird:

Although I am collecting parts for a 12.5:1 393 :D

Junior SCH Member
    So far, I'm VERY impressed. :) The shop has been out of business since November 2002. :( It was just too hard to try to make it around here with Summit and Jegs so close. But it's ok, it was a BIG learning experience, and I walked away with information I wouldn't have otherwise had. :)

Regatta,
    The tunnel ram car is running. :) I haven't track tested it yet, but so far, so good. I still have four gauges that need to be installed, but that should be done tomorrow. :)
    Michelle Wingard

1995 GT (carbed 347)

Too bad to hear about the shop, hell move to Abilene we don't have squat here for an aftermarket performance parts place...Unless you count the "Fast and Furious" parts section at Pep-Boys :sick:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th