Thread: NOVI going on today!!!

Junior SCH Member

NOVI going on today!!!

WEll, I got my kit in the mail on Monday. Some friends and I were going to just slap it on, until we saw the crank pulley would not fit because of damage to the frame up front( I hit a deer 2 years ago and the repair shop didn't fix it right..grrrrr ). I also needed new gaskets, rear main was leakin.
    At this point I new this would turn out to be a 4 day project, instead of hours...
    Well to make a long story short, I had the block cleaned and honed, poilished the crank and had some TRW pistons replace my worn out 93' hypers. Machine shop just gave shortblock back and hopfully after a long night the kit will be up and running tommorrow...hopfully that is.........I will be posting pics soon of engine and novi install!!
    Jason
    93GT
    Rebuilt shortblock w/ forged pistons,TW heads, TF intake,e-cam,24 FMS,75mm Pro-M,65mm TB,MSD,Novi 1000,3:55/T5,275's out back and a bunch of other stuff..

Let us know how it turns out & pics are always cool. Don't feel bad with a 4-day project... I'm going on close to a year since I've drove mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato Engineering
    you just like the metric system because when you talk about your organs length, a three digit number seems to you longer than a one digit number....
    Dart Block 331 and No Power Adder, currently in pieces...... :weird:

Used to run 6.90 @ 100.4 mph in the 1/8th

Senior SCH Member lx-convertible's Avatar
    take your time. it's worth it in the end
    Neil
    Engine: DSS Pro Bullet 306, Windsor Jr. heads, E303, 42lb inj., Cobra intake(fully ported lower)65mm TB, 80mm Mass Air, MSD 6BTM, MSD coil

Power Adder: Novi 1K, Anderson PowerPipe, ASP 8 IN Crank. No PS, AC, SMOG.

HP: 488.3
    TQ: 461.7 Tuned by FordChip.com

11.77 @ 119.9
    Best 60ft-1.56
    New project 1991 coupe
    NEW TOY 1995 H/D Sportster

Junior SCH Member
    Well, I have run into a couple little problems, some we fixed and some we will tomorrow. My buddies and I didn't get a chance to work on it today. Here's a quick list.
    1. Paxton didn't send the crank bolts.
    2. Paxton sent the wrong size fitting for oil tap. I got one at parts store.
    3. I bought a new water pump but lost some bolts for it. Also lost one lower intake stud.
    4. It was a pain doing the rocker arms and value adjustments to, took forever.
    Going to get all the bolts tomorrow and start working again. One good thing with all the extra time on friday was I got a chance to clean all the build up on the values and combustion cambers, they shinning good now. Also took some time to clean off all the other engine parts and acc.
    Got some great pics of entire build up and will post them all when its up and running.
    Neil, I am taking you up on that advice..got a lot of time and money in this project and a couiple more days couldn't hurt anything :)
    Jason
    93GT
    Rebuilt shortblock w/ forged pistons,TW heads, TF intake,e-cam,24 FMS,75mm Pro-M,65mm TB,MSD,Novi 1000,3:55/T5,275's out back and a bunch of other stuff..